16. | tick tick tick

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER SIXTEEN — ❝ it gives you character ❞

MAISIE FLINCHED AS JIM BARGED INTO THE ROOM, his presence giving her the slightest feeling of safety before she saw the look on his face

MAISIE FLINCHED AS JIM BARGED INTO THE ROOM, his presence giving her the slightest feeling of safety before she saw the look on his face. She then noticed the man standing behind the chief, making her feel wary again. She still didn't trust Dr.Owens, not after doing absolutely nothing to help Will.

Jim's eyes went to the unconscious boy and the needle that was lying on the floor next to the door. He sent a quick look to Maisie with narrowed eyes before looking at Joyce again. The loud inhuman growling made the man turn around in haste, watching the door closely. Maisie turned as well, looking at the doors as they banged against something, two holes appearing on each side.

"We gotta go. We gotta go," Jim said, going over to help Joyce free Will from his restrains. He grabbed the boy and started leading the group away from the room.

The group ran through the pristine, white halls in panic, screams echoing in the halls. Maisie watched in horror as one of those monsters tackled a man into the hallway in front of them. She was about to see what would happen to the man, when her attention was caught by gunfire behind her, which made her flinch. She was then roughly pulled into a room by Mike, who had a scowl on his face.

Maisie jumped when Dr.Owens closed the door, trapping them inside a lab with killer monsters inside. Suddenly she felt too hot. Aaron's hoodie was fitting her too tightly and the air in her lungs wasn't nearly enough. Her heartbeat was racing and she felt like she was sweating.

Oh no.

She couldn't be having an anxiety attack, not right now. She slowly backed away in a corner without anyone seeing and tried to calm herself down discreetly, not wanting to bother the others.

Five things you can see? Aaron's voice echoed in her head, and Maisie suddenly felt glad that he'd been by her side a few times when she'd had these kinds of episodes in the past. She tried to take a deep breath as she looked around the small room, brown eyes flickering over everything she could spot.