Chapter 2

--

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was bearable.

But there's this weird kid in class who keeps on staring at me but will look away as soon as I stare back.

Also, I still don't have friends but I do wish to have someone who I could eat lunch with at school since Ryujin's schedule different from mine.

Today, my plan is to befriend the girls near my seat, hopefully they're open with that.

Wish me luck!

-Son Chaeyoung

--

"Unnie! We will be late, come on now!"

Another day for the Sons. Chaeyoung realized that from now on, it would always be like this.

Her seeing her sister all energetic first thing in the morning, her parents' loving words to motivate them to do good in class.

Chaeyoung can never be more thankful, she's always praying for this to continue. She wants to stay with her family longer.

Chaeyoung smiled upon seeing the blooms again. They're so beautiful that Chaeyoung is fighting the urge to pluck another flower.

Chaeyoung shrug it off and just chased Ryujin who is already far away from her. She chuckled because her sister is really excited when it comes to attending the classes and Chaeyoung doesn't know what is the possible reason for her to be like that.

She knows it can be normal for juniors but Chaeyoung is just curious and wants to be the same. She concludes that, maybe Ryujin has a lot of friends that is why school seems easy and fun.

Either way, Chaeyoung is happy for her little dongsaeng. This is what she wanted for her, to have fun and enjoy.

She doesn't want for Ryujin to experience the same thing her older sister have encountered.

When Chaeyoung was about to go upstairs, she noticed Myoui who is frowning and looks like is having a foul mood. Chaeyoung got anxious by the sight of the girl and when she was noticed by Mina, the latter immediately shifted her anger into curiosity.

Mina is fighting the urge to say something but when she noticed that Chaeyoung was trembling, her face softened.

"Why?" She tried to open a conversation.

Chaeyoung got nervous and just shook her head and immediately went upstairs and sprinted towards her chair.

It may be shallow but Chaeyoung dislikes people who seems violent. But she wanted to shake the thought off because how dare she to be so judgmental.

She's just really confused about Mina's personality but she's also wondering why.

Mina then entered the classroom and was baffled from Chaeyoung's actions.  But she ignored it, not really wanting to push off about it more, worried she might step on Chaeyoung's boundary.

On the other hand, Tzuyu and Dahyun keeps on debating quietly with each other whether who is going to talk to Chae first.

"I thought you want to talk to her first?" Dahyun nudged the other girl that seems to be displeased with the action.

"Stop nudging me moron." She pinched Dahyun's ear and sighed. "Her beauty drained out my confidence, it's like a mere person like me can't really reach a goddess like her." Tzuyu said, being a drama queen, that made Dahyun cringe.

"Just shut the fuck up, Chou." Dahyun told her friend which Tzuyu just laughed at. She likes it when Dahyun's losing her patience or is simply getting on her nerves, "Whatever I will talk to her first."

When Dahyun was about to stand up, Mina went in front of Chaeyoung and the both of their jaws fell down.

Their ears expanded, really trying to eavesdrop with the two and Mina noticed it and glared at them. They pretended they didn't notice Mina and went on with their desks, disappointed because they can't even hear a single thing.

"I am bothered. Have I done something that offended you?" Mina asked Chaeyoung directly that overwhelmed the latter.

It was new for her to hear someone whose brave enough to tell their feelings. Chaeyoung unconsciously shook her head, "Nothing it was just.. your face.."

Mina was surprised and touched her face, "There's something wrong with my face?" She asked while confused.

Chaeyoung was flustered. "N-No.. I-I mean, it was just that.. I don't like you not smiling." She blurted out because of the panic she's having inside her system, not really aware that her statement affected the other.

Mina's heart skipped a beat.

She feels her face heating up, it's because no one have said that before to her. Chaeyoung wants to see her smile.. but why?

"O-Oh." Mina blurted out.

Chaeyoung nodded quickly because she thinks she offended Mina but the truth is, the girl was already having mixed feelings.

And that is the first misunderstanding that they have. Dahyun and Tzuyu on the other hand, thought that the two is already close with each other.

Their envious eyes can't take it and whined, they both think that they really should make a move on Chaeyoung.

Mina didn't say anything else and then just sat on her seat and Chaeyoung was about to apologize to Mina but she was stunned to see Mina smiling at her.

"I'm sorry, I was just having a bad day." Mina softly said.

Chaeyoung's heart was at ease on an instant, all her worries faded. Chaeyoung was still in the middle of her inner crisis but just nodded at Mina.

Chaeyoung gave her a small smile, "Okay, Mina."

And that's when Mina Myoui lost it.

She thought that the others were just overreacting but now she recognized Chaeyoung's beauty. She also looks kind and soft-hearted.

Mina almost banged her head on her desk for calling Chaeyoung weird a lot of times. She's astonished with the latter's smile.

"God is she real?" Mina whispered while staring at Chaeyoung who is engrossed with her book, Mina thinks it's another book different from what the girl have read yesterday.

Mina was surprised with Chaeyoung's reading, she can see how fast her eyes is eyeing the paper and how fast she's turning the pages. Mina bit her lip, stopping herself from asking if Chaeyoung does understand the story.

She don't want to look as if she's trying to push herself towards the girl. But Mina do consider wanting Chaeyoung as her friend.

And that makes them three. Will Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Mina fulfill their goal?

The goal of befriending the bookworm, Son Chaeyoung.

Little do they know, that Chaeyoung is also planning on doing so but her anxiety of being rejected keeps on stopping her from trying to talk to them.