Chapter 3

It's Wednesday and that means the college students must wear their P.E. attire. "Ryujin, do you really have to tie it on pigtails?" Chaeyoung asked but not really complaining, she loves it whenever her sister does this to her.

Ryujin just chuckled and tied the last pigtail on her unnie, she was satisfied because her sister looks so adorable.

"Yah, unnie? Do you have friends to come over by sunday?" Ryujin asked her unnie who froze by the question.

Chae swallowed a lump on her throat. Too shy to admit that she still has no friends even if it's already the third day of school and she doesn't want to worry her family.

"Why, what's up on Sunday?" She askes trying to change the subject.

"My birthday silly." Chae almost choked on her saliva when she remembered that it already really is Ryujin's birthday by Sunday and she still has no gift for her.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." Ryujin just smiled at her, not really minding it.

"It's okay unnie, just make sure if you happen to have friends who are available to go here, invite them okay?" She hugged her sister for a few seconds before hurriedly went outside, "Come on unnie! We are going to be late if you're a slow poke!" Chae laughed at her sister being so mischievous as ever.

"Take care you two." Their father said whilst reading his favorite newspaper while their mom is sleeping at his lap. She got tired talking to Ryujin about something to do with her studies.

"Yah, what did you argued about with mom?" Chae asked her sister who just frowned.

"I don't really want mom to get worried but I am torn whether to continue college or pursue sports." Ryujin heaved a deep sigh and shook her head, "She got mad because she's also torn between wanting for me to finish my studies or support me with my decision. It's complicated unnie, but don't worry, I'm sure I will have a decision by then." Ryujin assured her sister with a smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

It was new for Chae to see her sister like that, so she decided to just cling unto Ryujin's arms and ran as fast as she could and dragged her little sister, "Run fast or we will be late." Even confused, Ryujin's smile became wide because of her sister's little antics.

"Hurry up!" The Sons ran as fast as they could towards the school, the flowers prolly heard their cute giggles and the sight of their joy.

"Bye unnie!" Ryujin waved at her sister and jolted towards her room. Chae just smild and was about to bump on Mina.

"I'm sorry," Chae blurted out. Her heart seems not fine whenever she sees the latter.

But seeing Mina today is different, her usual frown and cold eyes aren't present but her face shows a hint of curiosity and softness.

"Good morning." Mina greeted the girl who is looking down and upon hearing that she was surprised.

Not really fond of getting greetings but managed to greet back. "G-Good morning." Mina then smiled and went ahead of Chae, leaving her captivated.

"S-She's pretty."

"Who? Me? Thanks." Suddenly, a girl passed by her and they stared for about a minute or two.

Chae saw the girl's features, even if Chae wasn't pertaining to the woman in front of her, she willingly agreed because she's indeed very beautiful.

The girl was about to say something. "Somi!" But when she heard someone calling her name, her face looked flustered and is about to run but looked at Chae again and winked.

"Hi hottie, see you around!" She then waved her hands at Chae while running, two girls passed by Chae and was chasing the girl named Somi.

Chae just waved back even when she's confused and clutched her chest because she seems attracted to the girl. The girl looks like a foreigner and Chae.. likes foreigners.

She dated foreigners before.

"H-Hi Chae.. are you busy?" Dahyun managed to finally talk to Chae while holding something.

Chae was nervous, her eyes almost swirled because of shyness but she composed herself. "Hello, not really. I just finished a book." Chae smiled and Dahyun almost fainted.

Tzuyu pinched Dahyun which earns her a glare but Dahyun cleared her throat. "I'm just.. curious if you could s-solve this for us.. we were having a hard time." Dahyun showed her rubics cube and Chae nodded.

Dahyun and Tzuyu hoped that Chae doesn't know how to do it so that they could shoot questions at her but before Tzuyu could even start talking, Chae gave the solved rubics cube.

"Here you go."

"W-Wow, thank you. I didn't even blink." Dahyun said sarcastically at Tzu who is behind the suggestion, she thought it's a good idea to start a conversation with Chae.

The both of them got shy and was about to sit down defeatingly when Mina suddenly snatched the thing and was interested.

"How the heck did you do that?" She asked really into it. She shuffled the toy and gave it to Chae who just looked at it for a minute and Mina was about to smirk but then Chae swiftly solved it and the three of them froze.

"J-Jeez you're good at this." Tzuyu said which she earned a thank you from Chaeng.

"Damn, hold on." Mina went back to her desk and took something from her bag and she gave a puzzle to Chae. "Can you solve this?" Mina blurted out, sounded so hopeful which made Chae smile and nod.

"How come you're good at this?" Dahyun asked her, really surprised while observing how fast Chae put the pieces on the right places.

"It's fun, I like it." Chae shortly said but enough for them to understand.

The three of them watched Chae behavely which almost weirded out everyone in class. Because the three loudmouths are suddenly quiet and it's because of Son Chaeyoung.

"Here, done." Chae gave the puzzle to Mina who immediately took a picture of it.

"Thank you. I owe you this one."

Dahyun and Tzu facepalmed. "It's a commission isn't it?" Mina shrugged.

"Say, let's eat together sometimes." Mina said to Chae, not really asking for approval.

Chae's mouth was agape. Curious as to why Mina wants to eat with her. She was nervous, thinking if Mina wants to be her friend.

"No!" Chae and Mina was startled by Dahyun and Tzuyu's screams, which comforted the others since they're back with being noisy.

"You can't without us, please Chae, can we be your friend." Dahyun plead with puppy eyes that made Tzu gagged but Tzu looked at Chae, doing the same thing.

Mina gave them a weird look. While Chae looks happy.

"S-Sure if you don't mind. I am happy to be your friend." She assured them which made Mina wondered if she's being left out.

"How about me?" Mina asked while feeling her face heating up.

Chae looked at her and nodded. "Of course.. you too, Mina." Mina's face lit up and her eyes showed excitement.

"Happy to be your friend then, Chaeyoung."

Chae nodded and bowed at them. "I'm in your care, Mina." Mina was flustered. "You too, Dahyun and Tzuyu." She looked up and gave them a sweet smile.

The three of them suddenly felt weak on their own ways. Mina looking away, Dahyun getting off-balance and Tzuyu wanting to faint.

But moreover, finally, Chae have new friends.