Chapter 13

"J-Jaeyon?" Mrs. Son is in tears when she caressed Jennie's face. Chae, after knowing Jennie's real identity, she insisted asking the latter to come visit their house. "A-Are you really her?" Jennie looked at Mrs. Son and Chae who's just mirroring the same expression of her mother.

"Yes." When Jennie said that, Mrs. Son immediately hugged her and cried while Chae looked at Jennie with full of love.

"I'm sorry, Jaeyonie. I'm so sorry I lost you that time, I am so sorry Jaeyonie." Chae's mom constantly apologized to her sister whilst crying. Jennie's eyes starts to burn as tears finally rushed down her tears while she's gently tapping her mom's shoulders.

Chae looked at two amulet that she's holding. Her mom's amulet is the picture of them three and Jennie has her mom's picture. It is true that Jennie's her long lost sister.

It was a tragic memory when her Mom lost Jaeyon or Jennie because of the tidal wave that happened to Hadong when Mom promised Jaeyon to spend time with her while their dad and Chae went to Chae's competition when they were ten years old.

"I'm sorry, Jaeyon. I am very sorry." Jennie hugged her mom tight and looked at Chae with satisfied eyes.

Jennie was known to be coldhearted because of her resting face and choice of clothes but she's only a taciturn like her sister Chae.

Jennie is a year younger than Chae which is why they're close of age and they are in the same year in school. Jennie was known to be a prodigy which shows in their school that is why she's popular.

All this time.. Chae's long lost sister is just near them but her mother never forgot to pray for her. After searching for a little while even before Chae went to the city, they searched and searched for her sister until they finally concluded that she's long gone. "Are you mad to eomma?" Mrs. Son caressed Jennie's face and wiped her tears, she held Jennie's hand and placed it on her heart. "It's okay, you can be mad at Eomma. You can be mad at me my daughter." Mrs. Son cried.

Jennie just shook her head. "It was hard." She cried in pain, "It was hard not to find you when I woke up. I was lost and the medics saw me, I hit my head which is why I temporarily forgot my memories, I was an orphan and was adopted but both my parents are now gone because of an accident and they left me a large amount of money." She breathed and held her Mom's hand and then looked at Chae. "All along I knew it was Chae, but Eomma, you should be the one to be mad because I never revealed myself even if I knew. I am sorry, Eomma. I couldn't face you, I'm sorry." Jennie cried out which made Chae and her mom cry as well.

"Aigoo, my poor baby. Aigoo." Mrs. Son hugged her daughter. "Aigoo."

"J-Jaeyon-sshi?" Mr. Son looked at Jennie who just smiled at her. "Are you really our Jaeyon?"

Jennie wiped her tears and nodded. "A-Appa." Mr. Son failed to contain his tears and asked for Jennie's consent to pull her for a hug and when the latter nodded, he embraced his eldest daughter. "Our Jaeyonnie. Aigoo. My daughter. I am so sorry." Mr. Son cried.

Chae on the other hand went to Ryujin who's sitting outside, really confused to with what's happening. She went home late with her dad and saw Jennie and her mom crying.

"Unnie, what's happening? How come I didn't know about our other sister?" Ryujin asked sadly. Chae pulled Ryujin into a hug and gently caressed her hair.

"You were just a little baby back then. Mom and Dad usually leaves you at granny's place whenever the both of us had errands such as my competitions and Jae- Jennie's photoshoots or if sometimes she just wish to be with mom." Ryujin listened to Chae and played with her unnie's fingers. "When we were ten years old, I joined a pool competition while Jennie was awarded the best student back in our school, she has a lot of medals because your unnie is very smart," Chae smiled at Ryujin. "Jennie's wish was for us all to go to Hadong, to go fishing, but due to my pool competition, we split and promised to go there all together once I am done with it but–" Chae remisced her winning the competition and was excited to show her trophy to her mom but she witnessed her mom being so devastated and traumatized at home.

"But in Hadong, an unexpected earthquake happened and because of that a tidal wave was present. Because of the panic, Mom got seperated from Jennie and there she lost her,"

"Did you search for unnie?"

"Of course," Chae smiled at Ryujin. "Mom never stopped until I turned eighteen, remember when she always goes out early in the morning and went home late in the night?"

Ryujin nodded, "The sixteenth of January," She said which Chae nodded at.

"It's Jennie's birthday." Chae looked at the stars, "She was about to turn eleven as well when she lost her, we were born of the same year," Ryujin chuckled which made Chae shook her head.

"Will she stay with us now?" Ryujin asked.

Chae looked at the stars again as they heard laughters now inside which made Chae smile and feel the warmness of her younger sister. "She definitely will," Chae made Ryujin sit up and pulled her to stand up. "Because we will never let her go again."

Ryujin smiled and agreed. She pulled her unnie inside because its getting cold. The two of them saw their parents with their sister talking about how Jennie's parents was. Turns out they were good people who wasn't given a chance to have children. Unfortunately, they died of an accident and now Jennie's living alone. She couldn't face Chae and her parents because she's too scared by the fact that she'll be forgotten but she never held grudges nor felt abandoned which is why Jennie never was angry at her family. She's happy that they reunited again.

Jennie looked at Ryujin and raised her brow. Ryujin's face heated up. "Jennie u-unnie."

"I didn't know this little one is my baby Ryu." Jennie smirked at Ryujin, "I can always see you hitting on Yeji, dongsaeng." Jennie teased which made Ryujin's face as red as an apple.

"U-Unnie!" Jennie chuckled at Ryujin's reaction and Chae just looked at how happy her family is.

"Will you live with us Jaeyon?" Mrs. Myoui held her mouth and smack it. "I'm sorry, maybe I am asking for too much." Jennie shook her head.

"It's okay Eomma. I want to live with my family but if it's okay, can you call me by my adopted name Jennie? It's my tribute to the Kims who loved me as their own up until this point." Mrs. Son looked at Mr. Son who smiled at her.

"Of course, my daughter. Of course Jennie." They all shared a hug and Chae took the liberty in taking a picture of all of them.

This is a sign of a new beginning. A happy one.