Chapter 7

--

Dear Diary,

My crush attended Ryujin's birthday party.

—Son Chaeyoung

__

"I don't want to be your friend anymore."

Chaeyoung stared how Mina walks out of their room, leaving her mouth hung open. Her heart suddenly fell, it feels heavy hearing those harsh words.

Chae started the day very well because she thought it's going to be another good one but she was surprised when she saw Mina rushing  towards her and then blurting those words out as if it don't hurt.

Before Chae can even realize, tears fell from her eyes. Dahyun and Tzuyu immediately went to her and consoled her.

"What's with her mood swings, really." Tzuyu hissed.

Dahyun just focused on wiping Chaeyoung's tears with her handkerchief. Chae couldn't feel anything, it was the first time that somebody has ever said that to her and it's also a friend. Or did Mina even considered her as a friend, she thought.

"I'm sorry, Chae. You didn't have to cry about her, Mina's really trouble." Dahyun cooed, Chae just silently went on crying that everybody noticed it and went to comfort her.

While Mina is trying to stop her tears  from falling while quickly walking out of the school.

"Yah! Student! It's not your out yet!" The guard yelled but Mina just looked at him that shut him off.

He was startled to see the knucklehead cry. It wasn't the first time for him to chase the Myoui sneaking out of class. He knew something's wrong so he pretended to chase her but let her be.

Mina cried when she knew she's far from school. She cared less around the people who can see her nor recognize her.

She hates herself for being the way she is. She doesn't understand herself neither she can.

She just wanted to be with Chae that it hurts to see her with someone else and it's confusing. She's very confused that it aches her heart.

She thought she wanted to cut Chae off immediately because she's already uncomfortable with the feeling.

"I didn't really have to do that." Mina angrily kicked the trash can she saw and cried loud.

A lady suddenly went beside her and immediately pick up the trash and fixed it to its place. She looked at Mina and Mina just bowed and went on with walking.

The lady just shook her head. "That poor kid, aigoo." The lady took off of her gloves and went inside the stall, "This would be the first time that I saw her crying."

It turns out that the lady was Dahyun's unnie who happens to deal with Mina's tantrums almost every day. She actually saw how Mina grew up as a kid and from the time the girl lost her parents.

Dahyun knew nothing of this of course since there is no point telling her, her sister knows that she's talkative.

Mina then went inside her apartment and cried herself to sleep not really minding the calls she's receiving probably from the bitch Somi.

"I hate myself so much."

***

Chaeyoung's eyes was puffy with all of the crying but she ends up looking so adorable. Her sister Ryujin gasped upon seeing Chaeyoung.

"Yah unnie, who made you cry?" Ryujin sternly asked, really annoyed by the thought that someone is bullying her beloved sister.

Tzuyu just sighed and pats Chae's head while Dahyun keeps on braiding Chae's short hair whilst struggling.

"Mina said she doesn't want to be Chae's friend anymore." Tzu explained.

"What?!" Ryujin exclaimed which earned a glare from her sister because she quite caught a lot of attention. "Sorry but why would Mina unnie say such thing?"

Dahyun snorted, "Prolly the time of the month." She casually said as if it's something usual which made Chae curious.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Mina is just like that. She's indecisive, mean, and rude," Tzuyu said while doodling on her notebook, "She ends up having catfights, she even fought with the baddie, Jennie Kim over a sandwhich, the both of them are really alike but the difference is Jennie's not acting up if she's ignored while the other one wants attention." Tzu then looks at Chae, "She prolly wants your attention, Chae." Dahyun smirked.

"Yeah that's why you don't need to cry since Mina just wants you to acknowledge her more." Now it is Tzu's turn to smirk.

"If I were you I'd be all sweet with her tomorrow." Ryujin was confused but her two mischievous unnies just winked at her and that's when she realized it.

"That's absolutely it, unnie. Sometimes people do tell me I don't wanna be their friend but when I give them some attention they wanted more." Ryujin meaningfully said that made Dahyun and Tzuyu widen their eyes at her.

"Eh? What do you mean more?" Chae asked sounding confused.

"B-Bestfriends. They ended up wanting to be bestfriends with me." Ryujin replied sounding flustered which almost made Dahyun cranked up because of how lame the excuse was.

"O-Oh. Is that true? I see." Chaeng said, more likely to consider the idea.

The three goofballs smiled mischievously. They know Chae would be oblivious about it just like Mina.

"The campus queenbee is causing a havoc." Somi whispered while chewing her gum, she was looking at her phone which she used in calling Mina who keeps on ignoring it.

"Why?" Lisa asked while playing with cards with Jennie who keeps on rolling her eyes after picking up twenty three cards for losing. The two of them hit it immediately which is why they seem so close.

"She's rejecting my calls, I am worried about the bitch." Somi uttered while closing her eyes.

"Weird to hear that from you." Jennie blurted out, really curious as to why the famous enemy of the queen bee cares for her.

Lisa chuckled, "They're like cats and dogs, you know. But the truth is, they're childhood friends, there's just this past that they are annoyed with which is why they keep on fighting or ending up on an argument." She explained while planting another card that Jennie rolled her eyes on again.

"I see," Jennie replied while dropping a card that made Lisa's face fell. She gave her a winning look.Somi's forehead creased, when Lisa mentioned their past, she cringed.

Never again. She thought.