Chapter 9

Ryujin is currently witnessing her sister on panic mode. Chae keeps on lifting things inside their house, searching for something, she keeps on pacing back and forth whenever she tries to think where to search again.

When Ryujin saw her sister was about  to lift up the boxes that's when she started to ask, "Unnie what are you searching for?"

Chaeyoung looks at her with a grimaced face, "I lost something personal."

Ryujin gets it so she nodded. It is something important for her sister. "Let me help you find it, what is it?"

Chae heaved a deep sigh, "A n-notebook." She muttered while her cheeks starts to heat up, she doesn't want her sister to know about her silly diary because Ryujin might laugh at her but surprisinly, Ryujin just nodded and starts to help her.

In a while, the Son sisters starts to pant and decided to take a rest. Their mother came inside the house from the wet market and she was baffled to see her daughters so tired early in the morning.

"Did you ran a marathon or wrestled?" Mrs. Son asked which earned a confused look from the two.

"Why on earth would we be wrestling, mom?" Ryujin asked and Chae chuckled but it didn't last long because she grimaced even more when she remembered that she literally wrote something about her crush on her diary.

She facepalmed herself and Mrs. Son saw that. Their mother got worried and rushed to place the things she bought on the market.

"What's wrong, my daughter?" Mrs. Son quickly pats Chae's head but Chae just smiled at her mom, trying to reassure her that it's fine.

Chae's cheeks are heating up but she just sighed in defeat, "I lost my diary, mom." Ryujin immediately looked at her that she almost broke her neck.

"P-Pfft a djary?!" Ryujin was about to laugh when their mother naturally shoved a bread on her mouth that almost choked her.

"Yah, Eomma!" Ryujin whined but she earned a glare from their mom.

Mrs. Son smiled at Chae who's face is really red now. "Alright, I will help you find it, are you sure you lost it here?" Chae froze when she remembered using it at school.

Chae wrote something at the back when she was having her vacant class.

"Unnie are you okay? You turned pale." Ryujin asked with concern when she saw her sister turning even more white.

Chae slowly looked at her. "I- I lost it at school."

She was about to go to the school when she remembered something again. "I actually was about to lose it but Dahyun returned it to me then from that time when we were celebrating your birthday, I think I used that again when you and Yeji was yelling at each other." Ryujin's face fell when such memory was brought up.

Chae looked at the seats and she now remembers how she placed it there and it's weird because she do remember Mina being there that time.

"No.. this can't be." Chae gasps.

"Why unnie?" Chae looks at Ryujin with a horrified face.

"It is possible that.. Mina has it." Ryujin didn't return the same expression and just nodded.

"Maybe she found it and then was about to give it back but you were busy that time with the decorations, she might forget about it, why not ask her?" Chae's worried look didn't budge because the thing is, she wrote something at the back.

Chae nods and looks at Mrs. Myoui who was just listening to them while cleaning the table.

Chae sighs, she wants to cry because of embarassment. Knowing that the queen bee hates her now.

Chae suddenly felt sad knowing that.. Mina does hate her.

———

"Eugh! What's with the gloomy face, Chae?" Dahyun asked from the moment Chae steps inside their classroom.

Chae's eyes widen up, she was trying so hard not to be obvious but here goes Dahyun exposing her unconsciously.

"N-Nothing, hehe." Chae's laugh cracked which made it more awkward.

Dahyun just looked at her dumbfoundedly but shrugged and played with Chae while waiting for Tzuyu and their other classmatea, it seems like Chae and Mina's issue died out.

Chae's anticipating for Mina's arrival but she tends to forget that Myoui is always late.

When Chae saw Mina walking cooly towards her chair, a droplet of sweat formed on her forehead because of nervousness.

Chae's eyes swirled when she realized she didn't came up with a question. Like how the heck should she ask Mina for her diary when she is still unsure whether Mina does have it.

Chae sighed in defeat, she decided to just wait for the girl instead to return it or if not Mina, somebody else. Since she did included all of her credentials so she hoped for it back.

Good thing tge diary doesn't include any other information asides from it being Chae's but the thing is she did included something about her crush.

Chae's fidgeting, she can't stay in place, she keeps on looking at Mina. Dahyun and Tzuyu notices that something is odd with Chae but the two think of it differently because the fools thinks Chae has a crush on Mina now.

"Let's link em." Dahyun said with an accent.

"Stupid." Tzuyu said but smirked.

The fools was about to plan something stupid again, poor Chae. Mina then sensed Chae's stares, Myoui hoped Chae misses her.

Mina looks at the diary of Chae inside her bag and was preoccupied thinking about how she would return it without Chae noticing.

All of them have schemes and worries and they don't know that it is all connected.

Mina then looked at the lego flower that Chae gave her, she kept it secretly, it's always inside her bag.

She became sad upon remembering her stupidity, she wants to be friends with Chae again.

But she knows to herself that being friends with someone you like is troublesome.

Especially if she likes somebody else and it's Mina's half-sister and ex-bestfriend.

"—why I am a myoui.." a question Mina blurted out which Chae heard.

The both of them looked at each other surprised but immediately looks away.

"They like each other?" Lisa whispers to Somi who is quietly eyeing her sister and Chae outside the room, good thing they could see the two from behind.

Somi just shrugged and decided to just walk out and whisper.

"Just about when I decided to not hesitate.. ah."