125

"Wait who's this about again?" Nick asks as he strokes Jumbo as we watch true crime.

"H.h holmes" I repy smiling as me and Godzilla rub noses as i hold him up.

"Who's that again?"

"The guy who made a massive murder hotel filled with traps and shit."

"Don't people think he's jack the ripper or something?"

"Some do, i kinda believe it, but entirely sure"

"Why do people think that?"

"because if you think about it Jack the Ripper,  was far from being the savage, messy slasher of popular myth, but he was actually a calm and careful killer. Rather than simply lunging at victims with his knife, he would first choke them and lay them quietly down before commencing the evisceration. This is part of the reason he didn’t alert anyone within earshot to what was going on. Holmes, too, had a methodical killing style, and was also a trained medic meaning he was adept at the removal of organs. Of course, one of the most widely held beliefs about Jack the Ripper is that he had some degree of medical training.It’s also important to consider that the last of the official, canonical victims of Jack the Ripper was killed in her own bed rather than on the streets. And she wasn’t simply cut open. She was utterly obliterated by the Ripper’s blade, to the point of being almost unrecognizable. This was a huge escalation from the previous Ripper killings, both in terms of context and ferocity. In other words, Jack’s style had evolved. If Amaryllis Fox’s theory is right, this could have been Holmes trying out different methods, and moving towards the more grandiose style he displayed in the Chicago Murder Castle."

"Who's Amaryllis Fox?"

"The woman who came up with the theory. Anyway Fox's investigation has revealed that Holmes left a trail of business documents which allows us to chart his movements. Except, that is, between 1888 and 1889, when the paper trail goes mysteriously quiet. This coincides with the timeframe of the Ripper killings in London so could this have been when Holmes was Jack? We do know from ship logs that an individual by the name of “H Holmes” was a passenger who sailed from the UK to the US shortly after the Ripper killings ended. "

"...... Wowwwww. You sound really smart when talking about this stuff" He chuckles. I giggle.

"Thanks"

"Wait but why don't you  entirely believe it?"

"Well it's just a consiracy. There's a chance that it isn't actually true and just a coincidence. So y'know ehhh" He laughs at me and we continue watching the show.

"I still don't understand ho you can watch this"

"Why?"

"Cuz it's scary. Like this is stuff that really happened. Doesn't it freak you out?"

I shake my head no.

"Not really."

"Why? it scares the crap outta me. Ted bundy really fucked me up. He seemed like a sweet guy, everyone liked him, he was charismatic, charming an hid in plain sight and was really hard to catch him out, cuz he seemed normal"

"Ah, but he didn't seem normal, because he was already hinting at phycological issues at a young age, He had classic signs of confuct disorder as a child. There is one instance where a female family member woke up and Bundy had arranged kitchen knives all around her body, and he also looked at violent pornography at a young age and read detective magazines voraciously. So he was already coming off as bad"

"Yeah, but the only way he got caught was because his girlfriend and a girl he failed to kidnapp ratted him out. So if it weren't for them he would he untracable. So that's scary to think about. Like there could be a killer outside your house right now and you wouldn't even know it"

"..... Awwwww you really do watch the showwww" I squeal and hug his side. "I mean it sucks that you're scared, but it's so sweet that you can speak my nerdy killer language" I giggle. He chuckles.

"I've done my research"