SCORPIO / 05.

Chapter Five:
TURN ON THE LIGHTS.

"And if I get her number, you know I can't wait to dial it

"And if I get her number, you know I can't wait to dial it. And if we get together, girl, you know we gon' be wildin'. And when we get together we make magic and it's ours. Whenever you up here, ain't nun nobody can do about it."

KATYA ROSALYN TOKEN : "🐱"
(kuh•tee•yuh)

"You straight, Kitty?"

Closing the cap to the white Gatorade I got off of my vanity, I shook my head at Lesley. "Who went on before me and Mell?"

"Trinity, I think. Why?"

"Dumb bitch left the pole slick. I tried to do a ankle-hang and almost cracked my skull."

Trinity frowned from the vanity across the room as she looked back at me. "Damn bitch, I'm right here"

I matched her frowned look while taking a seat. "Nobody taught you to put your lotion and stuff on early? Isn't that like the first thing they tell baby strippers? You're gonna kill somebody."

"What's up your ass? You're acting bitchier than usual." She responded, putting more lotion on herself ironically. "You having trouble with that cute nigga?"

Huffing, I took my attention off of her and put it on my vanity. "What are you talking about?"

"The nigga that's always asking for you in the blue room. We ain't slow, we be walking past and seeing y'all flirting."

"Girl, that's her sister's nigga." Lesley butted in while taking her rollers out of her hair.

"You fucking your sister's nigga?"

"No— Lesley" I glared over at her, getting a shrug in response. "I'm not fucking him or flirting with him, I just get weed from him."

"Sorryyy... I'll stop talking so much."

"Ohhh, I was finna say—"

"Kitty!"

Sighing lowly, I turned towards Porsha. "Yeah?"

"We got a packed section in 2B with a few other dancers. Somebody requested you specifically." She answered me, writing on her clipboard.

"I just got off stage, can I get five or ten minutes?"

Smiling at me, she stopped writing and looked up. "No." She said sternly before walking out of the room, her passive aggressiveness definitely rubbing me the wrong way.