SCORPIO / 07.

50 votes, comment

Chapter Seven:
FAMILY MATTERS

KATYA ROSALYN TOKEN
(kuh•tee•yuh)

"And he was like cussing me the fuck out, I'm like first of all you ain't even my nigga for-real."

"That's not your nigga but you running to him whenever he cough too hard?" I told Kiyomi after sucking my teeth over my end of the phone. "I told you that y'all was moving fast as fuck." I grabbed the bag that held my money and outfit from tonight at the club, about to lean up against the dark blue Scat-Pack Charger.

"Put it inna trunk" Von spoke up, popping the trunk open for me. "Know niggas like to steal."

"Who you with?" Kiki questioned me, making me stay quiet for a few seconds as I tried coming up with a lie. "Helloooo?"

"Mell, why?"

"Damn, she needa lay off the deep throating. Sound like a nigga."

"Bitch, that's not funny" I told her with a frown, tossing the bag in the trunk and closing it back. "You don't need to be laughing at nobody, you letting a light-skin nigga play you."

"Girl, fuck you and him! And fuck Trey Songz! That's how I'm feeling!" She exclaimed to me.

Following behind Von as he walked into the building, I sucked my teeth. "Saying 'fuck me' ain't keep that nigga in check but okay."

"Oh bitch shut up! You fucking a nigga that's dating a block bitch! One phone call and some bitches gonna be on the way to jump you."

So glad she wasn't on speaker.

"I'm not doing any of that. Bitch I'm Virgin Mary."

"Lie againnnn!"—I hung up on her loud ass after that, slipping my phone in the back pocket of my pink tracksuit.

"Where we at?"

"Studio" He answered simply.

"At 2 in the morning? I thought you would be doing some exciting stuff like street racing. You lame."

"Gotta catch me onna weekends."

"It's a weekday?"

"Thursday" He opened up one of the doors for me to walk in.  "You high like that?"

"Everything start to blur together when you in the club all the time, I thought it was Friday."

"How long you gon' dance?"

"Why?" I looked over at him once I took my seat, frowning.

"What'chu getting all mad fa?"

"I'm not mad, I just don't like when people ask me that." I retorted while setting my purse down beside me. "How long you gon' rap?"

"I'on know" He took a seat in the chair in front of the control board, spinning it around so that he was facing me.

"Exactly"