𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚊

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚊

Fire and lightning. Ice and shadows dancing amongst each other. It would have seemed they were all one. Fighting as one.

Roaring to life with painted oranges, yellows, and reds devastating the land that it craved for. Wiping the youthful land filled with such beauty of such color being deprived of it all.

A storm brewing just from above that shed no water, no rain but rather hardened hail made out of pure ice coating the already torched grounds taking everything in its path.

Black clouds everywhere shot blue electric lightning, the wave of shadows from the every so agonizingly patient tearing of the beautiful forest bed.

Blades of four laying on top of a stump. A blade made from the old ancient gods that have now been long forgotten. Carvings of vines and roses with a handle made of leather.

Screams alerted her. Made her grow ever so terrified as that kind was torn to shreds. Gasping and awakening in nothing but a sweat, breathing, panting heavily. Y/n sat there shoving down the building of salvia back down her throat trying to regain some ounce of controlled breathing.

Closing her eyes, she pushes herself out of bed only seeming to grab her bayard and leave her room.

Y/n had no desire to draw what she saw. Didn't want to remember what she had dreamt. All she needed to do was get her mind off of the nightmare her own mind had conjured.

Shuffling quietly towards the training deck. Lights flickering on, on her own arrival.

Her bayard glowed a white before forming into a bow and arrow. Now that, she'd never get old of. Commanding the room, "Level two."

It must have been hours when she first entered that room. She hadn't left. Not even to get water or food. She just pushed herself forward during the middle of the night continuing to fight and fight.

All the way until she got to level eleven. Training herself and teaching herself new things and tried her best observing the hologram and its fighting skills.

They changed with each level, and got harder. On and past level ten two holograms showed in the training deck.

Hopping, springing themselves upwards and high to the sky almost reaching halfway to the height of the room. Two holograms mixing into one. Furrowing, knitting her eyebrows together Y/n breathed heavily.

One hologram threw its baston around whacking Y/n hard onto the ground. Rolling and sliding to a stop, Y/n forced herself up back onto her own two feet. Jumping away from the second baston.

Jumping behind her, cornering her in. Y/n gathered her strength and tried thinking. Tried using instincts rather than pure skills.

Shallow breathing, she takes one deep breath sucking in the oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide. Recalling their movements. Both holograms jumped and moved around when not using their baston. But when using it, it stands there in one spot before switching it quickly. Protecting each other.

Controlling her own breathing, she ducks as the bastion is swung towards her. Yanking, tugging the string and aiming it towards the second hologram that jumped, planning to swing down its own weapon onto Y/n.

Drawing an arrow from some sort of energy, Y/n aimed with precision and took her chance at shooting. Quickly pulling the arrow once the first arrow. A bastion swung at the arrow.