CHAPTER XII: 31GHT 0F SW0RDS R3V3RS3D

you hate it. you hate this feeling that suddenly hits. putting your hands against the wall, you try to stand on both your feet, only to be met with a pain worse than one's head hitting the concrete. as the woodpecker in your skull breaks the bone structure protecting your brain, you realize the way your eyes are deceiving you because of the pain. the way the colours don't seem to match, causing your nails to nervously scratch. your balance is losing its stability: your physical body is a liability.

did I dream it all?

the walls tower over you, quickly trying to lock you in a cage. you can feel the agony, the fear, the lament, the rage. you don't know whose it is, whose they are, but you're terrified of it all. tears are filling up your eyes before they ultimately fall. you're shaking and shivering and hyperventilating too. you can't help but wonder what just happened to you.

when you look at your surroundings you quickly see the shining moon. the darkness around the twinkling stars seemingly immune. thoughts are clouding your mind, worse than death and birth combined. anxiety is creeping up, paralyzing your arms and legs and chest. but still, your body starts moving, as if you yourself got possessed.

in the alleyway, against the wall, is a familiar person lying. his skin is so pale that he might as well be dying. you're still in pain, you're still hurting, but the energy is gone. only if you know what happened, only if you know what you'd undergone.

scared and looking for something to hold onto, you look at your unstable hands. as soon as you do this, however, you pray that the loss of balance you'll withstand. the word looks not like it should, you're sure: shadows are entering your vision. you want to go home, you want to return, so you must follow your intuition.

with a shaky breath and a sweaty head, you leave the street behind. you try to ignore the light anomalies for which you are not blind. the blurry sight that you constantly see, does not show what is meant to be, but the energy still flowing through you is portraying the world like a melody. the notes of the song that should translate into sound, instead following another sense that it's found. but you don't trust your eyes and you can't trust the lies, for you're scared to meet a similar demise.

can you feel it watching you?

someone is watching. someone is listening. someone is aware of your presence. but soon, you'll be gone and there'll be none because instead it will find your absence. you leave the parasite behind who tried to suck your blood, hoping that it may die tragically in the mud. you may not know what happened, but you know one thing: out of the corner of your eyes, you just saw a singular wing.

is it a guardian angel coming to help you out? or a devil who's not playing around? what was the cause of the energy that almost got you killed? where did the electricity come from with which your body just got filled? where you struck by lightning that sent you frightening and shot both you and the vampire into the air? was this a one-time thing or will it come back just to give you more despair?

you saw something. but now there's nothing. but you know that it knows you saw. you saw a face and a top hat and what you can only think is a claw? or maybe it was a weapon? carried by the spotted person? it's something that scared you, that's for sure, but now knowing is not at all to reassure.

you're walking over the streets, which are devoid of literally any creature. sometimes you claim to see a shadow, whose face is devoid of feature. or you claim to hear a voice: a woman calling out to you. but you don't believe that the person themselves is aware of what you're going through. the noises are very distant. your body is not your own. you're just a victim in a crime inconsistent, where you're left to be all alone. for a moment, the sky turns red and you believe for a moment that you're dead. as your heart starts beating quicker fast, you can feel it almost breaking your chest. but what you're seeing is simple deceit with your eyes that are slowly turning obsolete. you're unsure of what you should be believing, from all that your sense are now perceiving.