CHAPTER XXV: Queen of Wands

FANART SECTION

"I thought a funny thing about Sapnap when you enter Hell."

Made by: Avery!

________________________________________________________________________________

Wilbur is walking through the darker parts of the town after the whole meeting with his family and Drista and Crimson, which he strongly disliked. It ended in Crimson getting furious at both Philza and Drista, after Philza ended up getting convinced by Technoblade and Sally to postpone interfering with your presence and life, while Wilbur supported Drista's arguments, being that you should be accepted into the town like any other. Perhaps Wilbur's support also is the reason that Philza changed his mind on already doing something about it, since the incident that happened to him is what set Philza off to begin with.

Crimson was extremely angry about this, to say the least. Nobody supported their opinion on how you should be eliminated right away, so they very obviously were not happy with that.

After the end of this meeting, Wilbur pretended to go to his room and work on some new songs – since he's been a lot more inspired ever since the incident which could've killed him – but instead, he left the building and has gone to the convenience store already, only to find it closed. So, he's now approaching your apartment complex, feeling an unexplainable excitement to see you again. Well, no, it's not really unexplainable. Everybody who's aware of the heartbeat that you gave him, should know why Wilbur would want to visit you.

He hums a song calmly, his eyes having fallen on the building, at which he quickens his pace and walks past the entrance. Jack won't allow him inside, so he might as well stop trying to convince the ghost of his well-meant intentions. Being lucky with his ability to fly when changed into a bat, he goes up to your store and changes back again once he's above the balcony, his feet landing on it. The curtains are closed, but there's a little bit which Wilbur can look through. Unfortunately, he can't go in, since he's still uninvited, but he can look through the window, at the very least.

However, once his eyes fall on your bed, he already sees you fallen asleep, your back turned towards the window. Even from this present distance, Wilbur can very mildly feel the beating of a heart.

But it's not enough. He needs more.

He puts his head against your window, his cold breath forming as a misty shape, but the heartbeat doesn't grow. It just stays the same.

It's not enough.

Only problem is that even if he were to break your window, he still wouldn't be able to enter your room. It's so goddamn frustrating, especially since there's no way to get closer to you now. So, he'll have to do it with this. The longer he'll stay here, the longer he'll be able to enjoy this feeling. Unfortunately, when his eyes spot someone else, he can quite literally feel his heart stop beating.

Dream's blond hair already announces his presence, although he's lying on the other side of the bed. His head is close to your hand, as if he's almost asking you to treat him like you'd treat your cat. If Dream had actually been one, just like Onyx, Wilbur would've sworn that the wolf would've purred like crazy. And damn, does it infuriate him.

His breath quickens as he takes a few steps back, staring through the window and grabbing the fence of the balcony. His fingers get all red as he hurts his own hand by the amount of strength and anger he puts behind the grasp. As he lets go of the railing, he looks at his reddened hand before turning towards your bed again. As much as he wants to scream and wake you up, telling you about Dream's past behaviours, he can't bring himself to.