CHAPTER XXXVI: Death Reversed

Looking at your feet, you're sitting on a swing, hoping that Jared will still come to spend time with you, instead of constantly working and making money that you feel he isn't even giving away. You let out a sigh, turning on your phone shortly in the hopes that your father has responded by now, but nothing. Maybe he's out with his lovers. That must be it. Your other parents must've decided to distract him too much from any form of technology, or perhaps he just put his phone on silent. Whatever the case may be, though, it's upsetting you quite a lot.

You also messaged Foolish – whose phone number you now have – with the request of meeting you in the playground. Rain is pouring down, draining you entirely, as the wind aggressively sings, pushing you forward slightly while the sky lights up once in a while. When you were on your way here, you also passed the plant again, almost hearing it speak to you. It doesn't do so with words, however. No, it uses music. Patterns in sounds. And well, it's a language you don't understand. But it feels like it's asking something of you. Like it's asking you to come closer. No, not just come closer, but to give in. You don't like it. But at the same time, you do. It's very confusing.

There's this duality inside of you. On the one hand, you want to stay away from it. Your body physically hurts when you get too close: the muscles forcing you to turn away. Because your mind does not translate the foreign sounds, you're also disturbed with the possibilities of what it might try to communicate to you. The part that seems to have common sense, fears the death that may or may not follow.

Then there's your soul. Your heart. All of it, begs to come closer. It wants to be one with the flowers, of some sort. Or maybe, it's aware of something that you don't realize. But in a sense, it feels like the plant calling out to you is not hostile, or bad-intended. Whatever the answer may be, you're unfortunate not to know.

You lean forward with a sigh, another bang of thunder filling the air, as you're wondering what you're going to do now. The entire day, you've just spent with paranoia. As much as you could, you stayed with Jared, realizing how he and Jack were the very few who could actually make you feel safe. But unfortunately, Jared has to work too, leaving you alone with your own anxiety.

"Hello there," you suddenly hear, surprised to hear the voice does not belong to Foolish, but still unsurprised by the fact that it's Eret instead. As you look up, you startle quite a bit, being faced with their sunglasses as you greet them in return. Eret gestures towards the swing next to you, asking if they can sit there, and you allow him. "So, did my tip ever really help?"

"I suppose it made me realize I'm not the first," you then shrug, watching as the satisfaction drips off his face. "I'm sorry if you hoped you could be more of help, but you have to know that it was still worth it." They simply hum. "Why? Do you have any more tips?"

"I'm afraid not," they let out with a sigh. "Do you have anybody else helping out? I notice you're sitting here alone, after all."

"Foolish does his best, but there's only so much he can do," you explain. "But even then, I still think he'd keep doing his best. I'm pretty sure he feels like he owes my Dad."

"Well, considering your Dad is XD, I suppose that that makes sense. You either hate him or love him, there's no in between." When you raise your eyebrow, they laugh. "Besides for maybe you, I suppose. You are his child, after all." You nod and after this, the two of you fall in a silence, before you finally let out a sigh, finding your eyes drifting off to the dark clouds above. "I'm glad to see you still alive, though. Considering the law won't protect you anymore, since that decision of Phil's."

You laugh. "Honey, even if I had been attacked, I would've still been alive." After this, the two of you again fall in silence, before you eventually let out a sigh and stand up from the swing. With your hands in your pockets, you decide to go for a walk and try to clear your mind a bit more. So, that's what you do.