CHAPTER XIV: Knight of Swords

FANFICTION SECTION

Chapter 12

Made by: Avery!

________________________________________________________________________________

Niki enters the castle in complete silence, pissed that Ponk made the decision not to allow her to be present at your examination. Now, the elf has always doubted Ponk's loyalty to the town and the family in charge, but this only proved it further. The same goes for Puffy's.

However, she isn't going to tell Phil. No, she's there for Wilbur. This morning, she didn't have the chance to visit him, but she was told by Technoblade that he had woken up again. So, as she immediately goes to the vampire's room, she opens the door carefully to find the unwell vampire standing in front of his window, looking down on the streets where everyone is walking, living their own life. Niki can only see his back, but the quiet and surprisingly peaceful hums throw the elf off-guard quite a lot.

"Wilbur?" The brunet looks around at the mention of his name, looking a lot better than when Drista carried him in. When his eyes fall on his friend, he smiles.

"Niki! It's good to see you. I was already waiting for someone's company." Despite his usual pale skin, his cheeks are a little red, which is not surprising considering he's probably drunk some blood only a few hours ago. And sure, he seems to be exhausted, but other than that, he honestly looks great. And judging by his behaviour, this is just a normal Saturday noon for him, similar to how you treated your well-being as a situation you've been in before and can deal with yourself.

So, maybe everyone just overreacted?

"How are you feeling?" Niki approaches him a little to stand next to him and glance outside, not seeing what he's looking at that needs his attention so badly. When he doesn't respond, she repeats the question, getting his head out of the clouds.

"I'm feeling good, actually," he responds casually. "I don't understand what Dadza's so worried for. I mean, I'm doing fine, you know? Sure, my head's hurting a little, but that's probably just the shock." What throws Niki off even more, is the calmness with which he's talking. She would've expected anger. Fury. Hell, maybe even a bit of embarrassment. But he is none of those things.

"You're not mad at them?" Niki then asks, but when she receives a look of confusion instead, she decides to clear up what she means. "I mean, you're not mad at Y/N?"

"Why should I be mad at them?" he asks, still confused, but a sentence which reminds Niki a lot more of the Wilbur she's only known shortly before the death of his mother.

"They almost killed you, Wilbur. How can you not be angry at them?"

Wilbur simply shrugs, looking away from Niki to look out the window once more. Wilbur remains silent, much to Niki's dismay. A soft knock on the door of his room interrupts the non-existent interaction already anyway, but Wilbur doesn't react to it. So, Niki lets out a sigh and turns around, to see both Sally and Technoblade standing there. While Sally has a smile pasted on her face, Techno's face is filled with concern.

"I see you're still alive," Sally then simply says as she enters the room, followed by Technoblade and approaching both Niki and Wilbur. "I suppose the situation isn't as bad as everybody made it out to be?"

"We can't rule out any danger just yet, though," Niki comments. "It's obviously affected him."

"How has it affected me, Nihachu?" Wilbur says as he turns around, his hand resting on the windowsill. "I just told you: I'm perfectly fine."