CHAPTER XXVI: Queen of Swords Reversed

The next moment you wake up, you're still lying on your bed with both Dream and Onyx. You let out a deep sigh, getting a grumpy reaction from your resting cat, who looks at you with his eyes tired and annoyed. Dream is still sleeping, though, now fully lying on the ground.

Yeah, no way this guy has a house. And if he does, someone must have burnt it down.

So, you sit up right in your bed before getting out, going to the bathroom to switch clothes and whatnot, only for you to enter the bedroom again where the werewolf is still crying. You wonder how much energy it costs him. The whole transforming thing, especially the part where he transforms back against the law of nature. Oh well, you suppose it's not that big of a problem. But if he doesn't have a home, why doesn't he just live in the apartment complex of the greedy ghost? Is he scared of Jack or is he broke as well?

Who would've thought that you, a newcomer who immediately got 'asked' to leave the town, has their life better organized than a werewolf who must've been living here for a longer time?

Wait, wasn't it your father who cursed him too? XD changed him into a werewolf, right? That's cute. XD changed him into a furry.

You grab your phone and call your father, now that you come to think of him, only for him not to respond. It was to be expected. Even if it's morning, your parents all probably are still asleep, so you bet that XD too has decided to get some good night sleep for once. Maybe you should too, because despite the fact that you slept okay, it could've been way better.

After this, you sit back on your bed and grab a book, passing the time while Dream stays asleep. After around an hour has passed, he finally seems to wake up. He stretches his arms, looks around confusedly, before his eyes widen once they fall upon you. He mumbles something which you can't understand, but once you realize he's waken up, you put your book away and get off the bed, putting on your shoes and grabbing a jacket.

"Come on, Goofy. It's time for you to leave my apartment now." He looks up confusedly at the nickname, before you hold out your hand for him to grab so you can help him up. He's surprisingly okay with being helped. But maybe that's just because nobody's watching.

"I've never had such good quality sleep, goddamn," he mumbles and you cross your arms and raise your eyebrow.

"Oh? I couldn't sleep because of your loud snoring."

"You snored too," he immediately says and you shrug.

"I know, but this is my apartment, Dreamie. And rule one of staying in my apartment is 'Nobody else is allowed to snore but Y/N'." Dream just sighs as you open the door, to immediately be met with Niki standing there. For a moment, she glances from you to Dream to you to Dream and this goes on for quite a bit. Her mouth falls open until she comes to a conclusion which seems to anger her a little, but she doesn't say out loud which it is.

"Good morning, you two," she simply says with a deceitful smile. "I hope you've slept well this night. It's a beautiful day, don't you agree? Look outside, Y/N. The weather may be a bit disappointing, but I believe that this day has some good events ready for us all." She walks towards you and grabs your hands, squeezing them reassuringly. "But what are the two of you going to do today, Y/N? Are you even going to do anything together?" Confusedly, you glance over at Dream, who seems to be just as thrown off by Niki's comment. In general, she seems to be a little passive aggressive about it, despite her calm and sweet behaviour.

After all, Niki can't help but be angry. Angry that a monster like Dream gets the privileges he was given when you welcomed him into your humble abode. He's committed so many terrible actions, yet he's getting a prize for his misdeeds. Instead of being punished, he's receiving gifts. She bets that that's what he gets from you. The feeling of being forgiven, despite the way that she's harmed this town over and over again, meanwhile she just wants to feel young and loved, like she used to. The feeling of worth and importance she can only experience in your company.