"Pink camellia and pink astilbe"

Chapter 23- "Pink camellia and pink astilbe"

"Yes mum, I'm fine. Just caught a bit of cold." He hoarsely mutters, "Baby, Are you sure you promise me?" A fresh wave of tears come in his eyes at the very familiar term of his endearment.

"M-Mum, there's someone on the door. I'll call you." He says because of the knocking on his door, "Take care. Or I'll have to come over. You're coming home during Christmas, no?"

"Yes mum. Take care of yourself as well. See you." And then he's cutting the call. Strolling towards the door, he opens it, the familiar pink flowers greeting him.

The first day they arrive Louis was shock because who would send him flowers with such vibrant colours? The second day he gets them there's a dull ache in his chest but he keeps them in his vase, the third day they arrive Louis' quite certain that the sender is Harry and it honestly hurts because did Harry forgot what his favourite flowers were? Was Louis this unimportant to him? Still he sadly smiles at the delicate petals moving forward to stuff them in the vase, he needs to buy another big one because they look like they're suffocating together.

So with the new agenda to buy another vase he gets his coat out and wears his shoes before walking out, the gets in his car and looks to the sideways.

He buys total of four big vases, their colours vibrant and pretty. He doesn't know what Harry's motive is behind those flowers but he takes care of them as if it's something that's too precious to him. In a way they are.

The flowers don't stop and soon there's more than four vases filled with them. Louis' place was filled with pinks, it looked like a very low quality herbarium with pink flowers everywhere.

"Hello my beautiful babies." He announces standing with a small bottle to water them, he smiles widely at them and then waters each one of them singing a low song.

The snow outside was getting tougher day by day and hence the heat in Louis' place increasing because he always ran cold. Since the past months, Harry was always there for him but now he's got nothing but warm clothes and the plushies Harry'd gifted him.

Louis huffs at the memories of him with Harry. How they were so happy and in love, Well Louis' still in love with him. And that man out there is sending him pink flowers as an apology or something.

His birthday was in two days and he had to leave for mum's, he really had thought that he'd spend his birthday with Harry, a tear slides down when he remembers their conversation about his birthday.

"Sweetheart, what do you want for your birthday?" Harry asks playing with the thin fingers on his chest, Louis hums but snuggles further in Harry's neck, "Dunno." Harry pecks his hair, "What type of answer is that?"

"An unsure one." Louis giggles but it goes silent when Harry raises his chin, their eyes connecting and an electricity zips between them and before Louis knows it Harry's hovering above again, taking him in the best way possible.

"I'll give you something that'll always be memorable."

******

The clock struck twelve on the twenty third of December, Louis was sitting in his childhood bed, chipping his thumbnails as he eyes with yearning on the screen of his phone number, the first message yaps and he halfheartedly replies a thank you to Zayn, the second one from Liam, the third from Harry's parents, the fourth from Gemma, the—

"Louis honey! Happy birthday!" His mum barges in, along with her enters her new boyfriend, Louis hugs them both and replies a thank you, their doorbell rings and Louis' mum looks at Robert, her boyfriend. Since Fizzy and Lottie weren't home and The twins were asleep, There wasn't much chaos and rather peaceful.