Ming

I stared at my dad as he made plans for a trip with my mum, without me again!

These two were forever taking off on work trips and mini moons as they called it. They been married for like 20 years already and still hadn't stopped on their mini moons. I face palmed as that would mean I would be in the care of my boring security detail whilst they were away.

Being high fliers in the Thai business industry, it meant my parents had tons of enemies who were often out to get me or them.

And being their only child also meant that I was the apple of their eye and my security detail unfortunately as I caught them looking at me and low key reminding me not to be upto anything funny.

I pinched my nose in frustration and just sighed deeply, letting my parents nagging wash over me.

I sent them off to the airport and then decided to make my way back to university. I often stayed at dorm when they were away. Dorm was also more fun as it meant my security wouldn't hover around me and I could hang out with my boys and especially Yo! But ever since he started dating Pha, idiot hasn't made much time for me.

As I was riding back to the University, I felt someone tailing me. I kept glancing in my rear view mirror and found one dude on a black Yamaha bike tailing me. But because he wasn't very close to me, it didn't look like he was but I had realised he had been following me since I left the airport 15 minutes ago. I just kept to my normal speed and finally reached the school. I got down and turned around only to realise he was nowhere around and that only my security was there.

I cocked my head thoughtfully but didn't say anything. I bade my security goodbye and went to my dorm. As I was walking towards the dorm, I bumped into someone.

"Oooops! Sorry!!" I muttered looking up, realising i had bumped into someone who was possibly a lecturer. He looked new though. He was dressed in a formal shirt, pants and had spiffy gelled hair. He wore a pair of glasses and was carrying some books. I waiied respectfully and apologised again. He waved off my apology and carried on.

I stood there, watching him, wondering who he was. Not realising that in days to come, my curiosity would be fulfilled at the expense of my life.