WooBin

I watched silently as Ming was brought to the living hall to get his wounds dressed. His dad held onto his hands and his mom dressed his wounds but Ming's attention seemed miles away. What was running through his mind?

It was P Fuu's instructions that they still be treated well so we ordered food and it was brought to them. They declined it at first but I made it very clear that they had to eat by placing the gun there and they did. Well almost of them but Ming.
He just fucking ignored the gun. They were allowed to go anywhere in the house but could only sleep in the hall. So their couches were pulled out to be full length day beds. Ming made his way to the balcony for a bit whilst his father was working on the laptop with his mom.

I watched as he sat in the balcony. I gripped my gun tightly. He hadnt eaten and I know he had lost some blood earlier because of what I had done to him. I took the food and went to the balcony.

"You should eat or you wouldn't have any energy."

"Isn't that better? I would die earlier. Maybe lesser trouble of you having to actually put me out once this is all over."

"Ming.. look. Please. Eat. You wouldn't understand all of this. Just.."

Ming stood up and looked at me. He came to me really close. He looked at me. "Just tell me 1 thing. That day, when you said "Yea but you cannot go hungry because of this. Your parents still have faith you know how to take care of yourself so you have to do that well for them ok?"

"Did you say it because you wanted to win my trust or did you say it because you meant it?"

I blinked my eyes rapidly. I didn't exactly actually expect Ming to remember all of my words. Shit. I closed my eyes. I had wavered at some points and I had said what my heart wanted to rather than my mind and now it was biting me in my ass.

Ming repeated his question again but I didn't answer him. I couldn't bring myself to answer him. Ming jsut stepped back just muttering "Then fuck off from my life. Stop bothering me. Just do your job. I do mine. You do yours."

Ming then turned away and walked off before I could stop him. I sighed, just sitting down there with the package of food.

I turned and he was sitting with his parents, just helping where he could. Suddenly, I hated my fucking job so much. I couldn't even have a personal life and I couldn't even do the right thing even if I knew it was just because it was not part of my job scope.

It was close to 1am when his parents retired to bed. I wavered and let them sleep in their own room on the condition the door was left open. Ming had to sleep in the hall just in case they tried anything funny. Ming just took a blanket and laid out on the day bed. He switched on the TV for a bit. I didn't say anything. I was the only one on duty in the house; with 3 more outside circling the perimeter.

I watched him from the dining table. He hadnt eaten at all. I went to make some instant noodles and brought it over to him. Ming just looked at it and completely ignored it. He just turned to look at the TV. I sighed. I placed the noodles on the table, took my gun out and went over, clocking it at his head.

"Come eat. Don't make me do things to you."

Ming looked at me. Then he turned back to the TV.

"Ming I mean it. Come and eat now. Do you really think I don't have my ways?! Stop being fucking stubborn."

That's when Ming stood up and his words broke me.

"What more can you do Woo? You came into my life as my lecturer, completely won my trust, my heart in the process, I even surrendered my vulnerability in front of you only to have you point a gun and knife at me. The only thing left is for you to kill me. If it means it's the only way you can get me to eat, sure. Go ahead. Try that too."

I clenched my hands tightly. Ming turned away, his eyes becoming teary. I grabbed him by his wrist and turned him towards me. I hugged him tightly.

"Can you don't kill me further with your words? Can you please come eat? Please."

Ming sobbed in my embrace. He finally pulled away from me and agreed to. It was a very silent sombre atmosphere at the dining table. He ate quietly whilst I just watched him. He went to wash the bowl thereafter and I followed him in. I know everyone else was still outside so I just hugged him from the back.

"This is my job Ming. I'm an assassin. I'm paid to do this. If your father hands over everything quietly, no one will be killed. But if anything goes haywire, I am tasked to kill. And I will. I can't get away from this Ming."

"Just tell me 1 thing. Was there anything that you ever said to me, from your heart?"

I kept quiet for the longest period.

Finally I pulled away from him and walked away. But before I left the kitchen, all I told Ming was "every single word."

Just as I left the room, Ming burst into tears.