WooBin

I just looked at the door I had just closed blankly. This is the first time I had ever stepped up for anyone and I also realized that being in close proximity with Ming wasnt a good idea. WAIT. I just called him Ming?! Not by his case number? I was indeed royally fucked.

I had to stay on course. Just as I finished the pep talk, I heard a beep. Oh Ming was getting a call?

I quickly plugged on my headphones and listened in.

"Pa? Are you ok? Why do you sound so weird?"

"Ming. Ming. Where are you? Wherever you are, stay there ok."

"Pa what's happening? Where's mae? Why do you sound so flustered? I'm at dorm but you are making me worried."

"Ming, the lesser you know, the better. Look, there is some...shit! NO NO!!!"

"Pa! Paaaaa!!!!"

Then there was silence. I watched the video as Ming hung up, staring at the phone in silence. He tried calling several numbers out of which, 2 went to voicemail, 3 went unanswered and finally 1 picked up. It was his bodyguard. However the bodyguard was equally clueless and asked Ming to stay put as he tried to go find more information.

I watched quietly as Ming paced the room up and down. I saw him walk to his parents photo on his bed desk, touch it and then walk away. Then he continued pacing.

Ming received a call a few minutes later.

"Who's this?"

But there was no response and all there was, was heavy breathing. Ming probed again but nothing.

Suddenly, a voice just said "33 Phat Nai St. Building 4. 1 hour."

Before Ming could respond, the caller hung up. Ming grabbed his wallet and left the room. I shut off the system and wanted to follow him when I heard knocks on my door.

I was abit surprised. I cast a final look around my room before opening it slowly.  It was Ming.

"Yes Ming?"

"Erm Mr Woo, could you give me a ride to an address? My car isn't with me that's why. And it's urgent. If its ok and if you aren't busy."

I pondered for a few seconds. I nodded. Maybe this was the universe's way of letting things fall into my lap. He smiled gratefully at me.

As we made our way to the carpark, I queried about his bike. Ming mentioned that his senior had borrowed it for a few days. We got into the car and Ming gave me the address. I keyed into the system and we set off. I observed him discreetly as I drove; he appeared calm but there were tell tale signs of him being nervous.

He tried to calm his tapping foot but couldn't. He took deep breaths. We reached the address within 30 minutes. He thanked me and took off. I watched him go off then stealthily parked my car and followed him.

Initially I couldn't spot him but then I made a left turn and I found him making his way into a jewellery shop. Hmm, jewellery shop?

I saw him make his way upto the 2nd floor; meanwhile I studied the surrounding buildings. There was an empty shop house directly opposite the jewellery shop. I made my way into that building and went to the 2nd floor. From there I could see clearly into the 2nd floor of the jewellery shop.

I watched discreetly, camouflaged by the dark shadows being cast upon me. There were 2 guys in that room and Ming was seen talking to them. The conversation became heated and at one point, punches were thrown. Ming kept it up but soon he was overpowered. I couldn't risk saving him without inviting too many questions.

The guys didn't look like they were police or anyone that Ming knew. I couldn't see clearly if they were someone I knew. I decided to take a risk. I called the cops as I moved out of that building. Just as I got into my car and left, the police arrived.

I left quietly, hoping that I had gotten Ming the help. There was only 1 person on his tail and that could only be me.

Anyone else had to be eliminated.