Ming

I stared at the guys who had tied me up. The mother fuckers had kidnapped my parents and kept them captive in their own guesthouse and by the looks of it, my father hasn't gotten it easy.

The worst part, my own bodyguards had been in cahoots with them! Fuckers. What was going on here? I looked at my parents who laid tied up just metres away from me. I tried to untie my knots but to no avail.

Suddenly I saw flashes of a shadow. It was so sudden and abrupt, that I thought I was seeing things but seconds later, someone stood in the doorway and I nearly passed out from shock! It was Mr Woo!

"Mr Woo?!"

"Shhhh. I'm just WooBin. Just shut up for now."

I fell silent as Mr Woo or Woo or whomever he was, untied me. He looked exactly as my lecturer but the way he was dressed up and the way he spoke was so different. He hoisted me up. He was about to go over to my parents when the kidnappers came in.

That's when WooBin shocked me further. He grabbed me by my shirt and pushed a knife against my neck.

"Take one more step and I will slash his neck. And once I'm done with him, you think they matter to me? I will be done with them quicker than you can imagine. You need all of them alive. I don't."

I felt the knife being pushed against me even harder. What the fuck was going on?! The kidnappers agreed to back off but wanted WooBin to lay off Ming. He disagreed. He said he was here to rescue us. We were his assignment and anyone else would be killed. If needed, we would be killed. Shivers ran down my spine hearing these chilling words.

The kidnappers had no choice but to let us go. WooBin got us down where a van was waiting. We were all blindfolded and brought around in circles and finally back to our own home. But in our home, there were a bunch of guys and most importantly the fellow who was behind all of this.

It was P Fuu, the head of the rival medical company of the one that my father had recently acquired. I watched as WooBin stood behind P Fuu, with the other guys. He didn't say a word but his hand was on his gun at all times and he kept a steely eye on me.

Over the nasty exchange, I found out that P Fuu wanted my father to give up the medical firm he had acquired. My father blazingly said no and nothing P Fuu did would make him say yes.

"I knew you would say this. Which is why I kept my trump card until for now."

At that very moment, WooBin walked over to me and took out the gun cocking it at my head, ready for the head shot. I gasped.

"Do you know what you are doing?"

"I know. My job. My assignment."

"Was everything an assignment to you all this while?"

"Everything I did, to this very moment has been for my assignment. That's what I am hired and paid to do. And I will do anything to achieve it."

I didn't realize it then but my tears just fell down when I heard that. I didn't realize all this while, I was just a fucking job to him. I wiped my tears away.

My father sagged down. "Chin up. Do not give in to his demands Papa."

"I cannot Ming. More than my job, you matter to me."

"Papa, please..."

"Whatever you want, I will give it to you but let go of my son and you need to give me time to acquire the documents needed."

P Fuu nodded. He said we will be locked in the home with his boys on guard. He said he will be back on Tuesday exactly at 7pm to get the documents. My dad nodded and that's when WooBin let go of his gun. My mom ran to me and grabbed me tightly.

I sagged in her arms, more than being threatened to be killed, the fact that the one who was going to kill me was the one that I thought genuinely cared for me.

And the worst part, I was starting to develop feelings for this mother fucking asshole. Only to realize all of it was just a fucking lie.