Ming

I stared at these 2 fellows who had claimed they kidnapped my parents. But 1 look and I could tell, they were completely incapable of it!

Fuckers! I threw them some punches to get them to confess but they soon overpowered me but oddly the police appeared minutes later.

I was surprised. I got away unscathed and my bodyguards also came by. I got into a lot of trouble for jumping the gun but the fact still remains that my parents were kidnapped, had no idea where they were, who were these people trying to take credit and ransom for it and most importantly who had called the police?!

I was silent on the way home back to my dorm preoccupied by all of these thoughts. My bodyguards told me to stay put till they could find out more and I reluctantly agreed. I went back towards my room when I passed Mr Woo's. I just glanced at his door for a while wondering if I should share with him on what happened but decided to hold myself back. Just as I was about to go to my room, suddenly his room door opened.

"Ming, you ok?"

I turned to look at Mr Woo. I nodded grimly, his warmth suddenly causing this overwhelming need to just break down and confess everything.

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

"Hmm okays. You do seem a bit off. If there's anything, you can talk to me ok?"

I nodded. I went back to my room, took a shower and changed but the worry over my parents was getting to me. I finally sat down and broke down, holding myself tightly. Just then, I heard knocks on my door. Shit. Who was it now? I quickly rubbed my tears away and opened the door only to find Mr Woo standing there holding some dinner in his hands.

"I got you dinner just in case you were hungry. I was gifted some by the janitor but I already have mine so decided to pass this to you. Eat ok?"

I looked at Mr Woo, and tried to smile in gratitude but failed. He sensed the shift in emotions and as if he was battling with himself, he eventually chose to come forth and just hugged me tightly.

I held onto him and his hug burst the dam that I had been holding back. I cried bitterly, out of worry and stress over the entire situation. Mr Woo brought me into my room, sat me down and got me to tell him what was going on. I told him the entire thing and how I was stuck not knowing where my parents were and wondering what to do.

"Yea but you cannot go hungry because of this. Your parents still have faith you know how to take care of yourself so you have to do that well for them ok?"

I nodded. I ate the dinner whilst Mr Woo accompanied me. Post dinner, he stayed behind to watch a movie with me and have ice cream as we got through it together. Well he had the ice cream and I had the wine. I knew he didn't drink so I didn't offer it to him. He just warned me about drinking too much but since I had no classes and could afford to sleep in, he really had no fighting point. I grinned as I nursed the wine. Dunno if it was finishing off the full bottle coupled with the fact that I was still nursing left over sad feelings, I got really tipsy.

Mr Woo looked at me. "You ok?"

"Hmm yea. Maybe you should go. I'm abit tipsy and I don't want to do anything that's inappropriate. You are my lecturer moreover. It wouldn't be right."

"Hmm? Are you generally touchy?"

"Noo. But...but you..are very alluring."

I heard Mr Woo chuckle and I frowned. Did he just laugh at me?!! I stood up pouting wanting to be away from him. I turned around a little too fast and found myself woozy. He held onto me by my waist and just turned me around! I had to hold onto his shirt to avoid falling over.

"Is the wine sweet?"

I looked at him doe eyed. What was he asking.....

"You will have to try it yourself to know. But I have none left now. Next time ok."

Mr Woo chuckled again. "Why are you so cute? Are you usually this cute drunk? Don't worry i have my ways of trying it."

I cocked my head in confusion at him until I felt his lips touch mine and that's when the answer hit me.

Ah. For an Engineering major, I sure was a dumb ass at times.