Ming

I stared forlornly outside as I sat in the hall. My parents were allowed to sleep in their own room but were ordered to leave their room door open. I just sat on the couch, looking out at the guards circling the perimeter. Where did they think we were going to run off too? 

Just then, Woo Bin came back with a blanket in his hands. I just turned my body away from him refusing to look at him. He placed the blanket near my feet and went away. I took it and put it on the dining table and plodded back to my couch. He watched the entire thing quietly but did not say a word. I decided to switch on the television to break up the monotony of the environment.

I watched television for a bit until this commercial for coffee came on and they were promoting iced americanos. Both Woo Bin and I watched it quietly. That memory of him pretending to be my boyfriend to ward off my ex came to mind. My eyes glimmered a little at that memory.

I quickly stood up, going to the kitchen to get a drink. I stood at the sink, watching the water fill my cup mindlessly whilst my tears dropped. Just then, I felt a pair of hands wrap around me.

I instantly knew whom it was and fought it but to no avail. He held on tight and burrowed his face in my hair.

"I'm sorry Ming. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing this to you...."

I gripped the sink tightly. He turned me around and lifted my chin to look up at him.

"I miss you so much. I never wanted to hurt you. I am supposed to treat you like a case and keep my distance. But you.. something about you.. I just could not. I..started being closer to you than I intended to. I..."

"Woo..." Before I could complete my sentence, he kissed me hard. He kissed me like he had never before. He kissed me like a starving man for ages. I didn't recipocrate at first but found myself succumbing to the urges and kissed him back.

Woo's lips curved around mine and he grabbed onto it. He bit it slowly, holding on tight and sucking it. My hands around his neck tightened and I pressed him closer to myself. Woo's grip around my waist tightened. As he let go of my lips, I sighed softly into the kiss.

We finally broke away and I looked up at him. He wiped my tears away slowly.

"I really like you alot. But we belong to different worlds. And there is no way we can be together. Not with my job."

I just looked at Woo and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Please ask your dad to do what's needed. Then you guys can go. Please. I don't want to hurt any of you. I don't think I can live with it."

"I can't ask my dad to do something that isn't his fault just because I don't want you to hurt us. It doesn't change. Your job is your job but my dad is important to me too."

"Ming..."

"We are from different worlds.. that wouldn't change. If our paths will ever cross again, good. If not, this will be our core memory."

Woo looked at me stricken as I planted a final kiss on his cheeks and walked away, with my heart breaking even more with every step as now I knew how Woo felt.