WooBin

I watched as Ming's face changed again before he left. What was that about? Just then the guard walked past.

"Hello Mr Woo, sawadee krab. Today morning you had thrown a package of snacks. It was neatly tied up and so I took it instead as it was brand new. I hope its ok? But you don't want it? There was a note so I took it for you. Here you go."

The guard passed me a note and I just nodded my head in thanks and waiied respectfully to him. I opened the note to see that it was from Ming who was splitting his snacks haul from Yo and thought I may like some. Ah, now that explained the look on his face. Damn. I felt a wee bad now.

I went over and knocked on his door. A few moments later, he opened the door. His eyes seemed red but I decided not to call attention out to it.

"I wanted to say sorry. I just saw your note. I should have opened to check before doing what I do. I just am very cautious."

Ming looked at me quietly as I said all of that and just nodded his head in response.

"It's ok. If that's all, I take my leave Mr Woo. Nights."

Ming was about to close the door when I jammed it with my foot. He looked up at me in surprise. I sighed. I was going to step overboard but he definitely looked like he needed cheering up.

"I have some leftover snacks and food. Will you like to have supper together?"

Ming looked at me, cocking his head in confusion for abit. But I guess he could sense my feeble attempt at playing nice as he nodded his head and smiled. I invited him over. He said he be over in a few minutes. I went over and made sure my room was clean. He appeared 10 minutes later, having brushed his hair abit and bearing ice cream and a bottle of wine.

I accepted the ice cream but not the wine, mentioning I don't drink. He was surprised by the raised eyebrows but he nodded. Whilst over supper, Ming split his guts over how he felt someone was following him the whole day and that he highly suspected Sunn.

"Who's Sunn? That girl I saw?"

"Yes sir. She's my ex who can't take no for a hint."

"OH. If it's so worrying. Why not stay home?"

"Na, my parents travel alot for work. They love me greatly and all but they are forever away and it gets lonely. Especially since I'm an only kid too."

"What do your parents do Ming?"

"They own a huge chunk of the Thai business industry Sir. But they also dabble in the medicine and hotel industries. Not sure if you saw the news, they acquired this private medical firm from this large corporate entity. That caused them alot of issues to be honest."

"Don't you worry about them and yourself?"

Ming kept quiet for a long while; I thought he didn't hear me.

"I do. Greatly. But if it ever came down to saving them, I would gladly put down my life to ensure they are safe."

I kept quiet watching Ming. He wasn't really such a brat that he was painted out to be. In fact, he seemed down to earth and nice plus sensible.

As he chatted animatedly about school, I found myself letting my guard down for a while to be immersed in the conversation.

For once, it felt great to be normal. Like lead a totally normal weekend night. Having supper. Chatting.