26: You Need to Don Your Bi Apparel, Harry

Summary: Deck the halls with boughs of holly, deck your friend with mistlefoe

"Mr. Potter? Mr. Diggory? May I have a word with you?"

Harry looked up. Professor Sprout was standing at the door of her office. "Coming," he called back, rising to his feet.

"What did you do?" Zacharias asked eagerly.

He probably assumed Harry was in trouble. And in a way, he was, if what Sprout wanted to speak to him about was what he guessed.

"I don't know about Cedric, but it's probably about Harry doing the Macarena wrong," said Susan. She shook her head at Harry in disappointment. "My aunt had been notified."

Harry sighed. "My apologies. I have brought great shame to our house."

With great tragedy, he walked toward Sprout with Cedric. She closed the door behind them.

"You don't need to worry, Potter. Your Macarena skills, while not on par with your whip/nae nae, are still passable."

Harry clutched his chest. "Thank Merlin!"

Cedric rolled his eyes, but the corner of his lip betrayed his amusement. "So what's up?"

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination

"GOD DAMMIT, ENOUGH WITH THE SONGS!" Zacharias could be heard screaming.

"NEVAHHH!!!!" screamed back Sage.

"The Yule Ball," said Sprout, pointedly ignoring them both (rude). "Both of you are required to have a partner. I'm well aware you are not the true Hogwarts champion," she added to Harry, "but alas, rules are rules."

Harry nodded. "That doesn't surprise me. Welp, let's hope this task is easier than fighting a dragon."

"I'm sure you'll do fine. Run along now."

Harry skipped out of her office and flounced back to his fellow puffs while Cedric returned to his friends.

"Well?" Ernie prompted.

"I am required to find a partner for the Yule Ball." Harry looked to Zacharias. "How bout you, my love?"

Zacharias looked as though he had swallowed a lemon. "No!"

"Worth a shot. Hannah?"

She shook her head. "I'm going solo."

I'm solo
I'm ridin' solo
I'm ridin' solo
I'm ridin solo, solo

"Lucky you. Oh, well! I've got time."

Time to what? Plan out his declaration of love, of course. He knew exactly who he was going to ask.

"The Ferret is leaving the dungeons. I repeat, the Ferret is leaving the dungeons."

"Er, Harry, why is Draco's code name the Ferret?" Hermione's voice came through the walkie-talkie that Harry had so kindly gotten her for her birthday.

"That is Awesome One to you," said Harry. "Now stop talking and get in position, Feathers."

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron — oops, sorry, Fireball — and moved away.

Unaware of anything out of the ordinary (a huge insult if you ask the Awesome One), the Ferret walked into the Great Hall. And was immediately greeted with dozens of green, silver, and black balloons and music that vibrated through his bones.