Chapter Twenty

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Yu-Gi-Oh! Characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

Rated M due to language.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Previous~~~

"I told you, it's no use." Kaoruko takes three, leaving one rose left. "You lose." She laughs. She holds out the rose. "Go ahead."

Yami reaches out with his hand but bypasses the rose she is holding and takes the rose from her hair, causing her eyes to widen and look at him surprised. "I said the flowers that you had. I didn't say just the bouquet."

Kaoruko blinks, surprised. "What? That can't be!" She looks down at the rose in her hands.

Yami points at her. "The door of darkness has opened."

Wind surrounds them. The rose in Kaoruko's hand suddenly begins to wilt. Her eyes widen as it does, and she lets out a gasp. She gazes at her hand and lets out a scream. She rushes over to the mirror, hands on her cheeks. Her skin has become dry and wrinkly. "I...This is me..."

Yami walks over to her. "Beauty does not last forever. Remember that."

"Reflect on your action towards others." Isis scolds.

Yami and Isis turn around and begin to walk off. Kaoruko holds out her hand. "Wait!" She is trapped when snakes wrap around her wrists.

~~~Back on Stage~~~

"Since Nosaka Miho forfeits, the winner is Himekoji Kaoruko-san!"

Kaoruko's fan club lets out cheers. The Vice President throws his arms in the air. "Alright! Kaoruko-san banzai!"

"Congratulations, Kaoruko-sama!" Her friends cheer.

Honda falls to his knees, his hand in front of his eyes. "Miho-chan, where did you go?"

The curtain comes up, and the spotlight shines on Kaoruko's figure. The crowd looks at Kaoruko, surprised. "Himekoji?"

"What is this?" Jounouchi exclaims, surprised.

Kaoruko is standing on the stage, her head lowered and her hands holding onto ropes. She pulls on the ropes, and water drenches her, causing the crowd to let out a sound of surprise.

Vice President places a hand near his mouth as he gazes at her, surprised. Kaoruko-san..."

"Why?" Her brown-haired friend questions.

"Disillusioned..." Her black-haired friend mutters.

Kaoruko, with her head still lowered, slowly walks off the stage, most of the crowd laughing.

~~~Later~~~

Isis and Yuugi walk home together. Isis keeps looking down at Yuugi, worried as he is lost in his thoughts.

What was that? I'm pretty sure I lost part of my memory during the contest. Yuugi stops and looks back. He remembers what the boy from the other days said about how he sometimes loses his memory. Just what was that? And who was he? Yuugi holds his puzzle and gazes down at it. I feel like something has begun, and I don't know anything about it.

Isis gazes down at Yuugi, and her eyes soften. She lets out a low sigh. He is starting to click on that he loses memories. I can't keep it from him much longer now that he notices.