2

"Woooaaaah!"

Drak!

Raven landed on the roof of a villa with a loud bang almost breaking his leg.

-Kikikiki... I'm sorry.

'You did it on purpose! This little...'

Raven saw a bird that was 3 meters in size laughing at him.

'It really is my luck that there's a Freg bird around the Rock kingdom.'

The Freg is a monster bird but is classified as an animal because it does not harm humans.

The Freg bird is identical to the legendary Phoenix bird, but its feathers are not made of fire.

Raven waited until midnight and began to move into the Archduke's residence.

With the help of the sight of small animals such as insects, he was able to evade the guards and locate Damian's room easily.

'Hup.'

Raven jumped down onto Damian's balcony.

He controlled the bat, made it into Damian's room from a small gap, then opened the balcony door.

Hearing the sound of unfamiliar feet, Damian immediately sat up and looked at Raven.  Since it was still dark, he couldn't see Raven's face clearly.

But he knew, the person in front of him was one of the chosen ones.

'What does the chosen one want from me?  He couldn't have known I was the chosen one.'
"Do you want to kidnap me?"

Raven was shocked to hear that.

"No, I need your help!"

The clouds were blowing displaying a bright full moon, allowing Damian to finally see the man in front of him.

The blonde hair that covered his right eye seemed to have no malicious intent.

"You said you needed help when you were a wanted serial killer? How could I trust you?"

Raven lowered his head upon hearing that.

Damian sighed and wanted to go back to sleep as soon as possible.

"Are you going to kill me?"

Raven's eyes widened when he heard that.

"No, of course not! I have no reason to hate you."

Damian remembered that all the people Raven had killed were women.

"What reason did you kill your victim for?"

Damian asked.

"Because they left me."

Damian could see Raven's obsessive eyes.

"Your name is Raven, isn't it?"

Raven was shocked and nodded.

"I don't need subordinates. I just like loyal dogs. I'm still a noble, you know."

In any newspaper, Damian was just an introverted kid.  No one knows for sure what his true nature is.

"I have no problem with that! As long as you want to help me, I'm willing to be your dog!"

Damian could see Raven was in a corner of his life until he came to see him.

Indeed, Damian was the easiest escape route.  Being his direct subordinate would guarantee one's life.

Damian looked at Raven with his sharp eyes.

"Kneel."

Raven quickly knelt following Damian's wish.  He then stretched out his leg.