Chapter 6 - Charles

2 hours after I drove Eleanor home, I entered the racing paddock of Monte-Carlo. It was Tuesday and we had three days left until the race weekend starts. Today I already had a strategy meeting, but somehow we have a second today wich is really untypical. But you have to do what the chef says, so here I was. When I walked into the meeting room I almost bumped into Carlos. "Hey, what are you doing here?" he joked around. "Oh I thought it is sooo cold outside that it doesn't matter if I am at home laying on the couch or being here, you know" I answered sarcastically. It is very hot outside and if I could I would lay at my pool right now. "Yeah same" Carlos sighed and we sat down at our places. The meeting began five minutes later. They talked a lot about the last race, where I finished 1st and Carlos 3rd. It was a great race and I defeated my biggest rival Max Verstappen successfully. We got important points for the driver and team championships.

The meeting was really boring so I just stared out of the window and thought about last night. About Eleanor. I wanted to see her again, that's sure. But then I will also have to answer her questions. Why I have race helmets and trophies in my living room. Why I have such an expensive car. I have to tell her that I am an formula 1 driver. I wont lie to her because I don't want to ruin what is between us. That is not worth it. But what is between me and Eleanor? That's the question. To be honest, we are strangers. We aren't even friends. I don't know her. I only know that her name is Eleanor, that she has a best friend named Grace, that she doesn't know a lot about formula 1 or she doesn't know anything and that she isn't from Monte-Carlo or even Monaco. Otherwise she wouldn't live in a hotel I guess. Wow I don't even know her surname or how old she is. But what I know is that she has the prettiest eyes I have ever seen. They are ocean blue with a few dark blue sprinkles in them. I could get lost in them. And also her face is beautiful. She has freckles on her nose, brunette hair and she is circa a head shorter than me.

Suddenly someone waved his hand in front of my eyes. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Carlos asked smiling. "The meting is over and everyone is already gone" he said. I looked at the clock. It was half an hour later! What? How? "You seemed like you slept with you eyes open. Can you please teach me how?" He joked. "Ha ha ha you're so funny Carlos" i said. "I know thank you. Are you now gonna tell me what you were thinking of ?" He asked. "I am sorry but this will stay a secret" I responded. "I don't think so. There are not so many options. Did you think about the last race?" I shook my head "Maybe the next race?" I shook my head again. "Has it anything to do with formula 1?" "No" "Then it has to do with a girl" I couldn't hide my smile. "That is a yes" Carlos laughed. "Our Charles Leclerc is in love I can't believe it" "me neither" I thought. "Didn't you say you will never fall in love again because you will get hurt?" He asked. "Right" i said slowly. "I am not in love, she is just a nice girl" I reassured more to myself than to Carlos.