Chapter 21 - Charles

The race went good. Until now. I always had a little fight with Max for the first place but without a little challenging between us, races would be boring. Now I was the leader so everything was fine. It was the 76 lap so there were only 2 more laps to go. The last laps are always the most exciting one, cause everything is possible in them. Max tried a few times to pass me but I didn't let him. It was the final straight. I Could see the checkered flag. This was it. I would win the Grand Prix of Monaco. Oh god how much I loved this feeling. When I passed the finish line I couldn't believe it. "Congratulations Charles" I heard through the team radio. "YESS GUYS WE DID IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE AMAZING GUYS!" I screamed back. I was so happy. This is what I wanted since I began karting. When I got out of my car I ran to my crew to celebrate with them.

When I finally was standing on the podium I was flashed from my feelings. To my right stood Max and to my left Lando. I was also happy for Lando because he hadn't had much podiums this year, so he was really happy with third place. When we opened the Champaign bottles everybody sprain it on me and everything got into my race suit. Delicious. I never enjoyed ceremony like this one.

After the ceremony I wanted to get as fast as possible to Eleanor. I wanted to hold her in my arms, to feel her lips on mine again and to celebrate my win with her. I run through the crowd to the VIP grandstand. I didn't care about the people, who starred at me like I was crazy. I just wanted to be with her. When I entered the VIP grandstand I ran to the first row. I knew she would be sitting there. And she was when I was her, she turned around and our eyes locked. She immediately ran to me and fell into my arms.