Chapter 17 - Eleanor

When Charles stopped the car, I had absolutely no idea where we were. Charles looked like he knew what I thought, but he didn't say anything. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. He reached me his hand and helped me out of the car. After, he closed the door and throw the car keys to the guy from the valet parking. The guy coughed it and he looked like he couldn't believe, he would get to drive this car. Even though it was only for a few meters. I could understand him, my reaction would be the same. Charles didn't let my hand go and we went inside the huge building, we were standing in front of.

When we entered it, I caught my breath. Wow. It was a restaurant, but not one like you can find on every corner. No, this was probably the most expensive restaurant in whole Monaco or even in whole Europe. "D0 you like it?" Charles asked unsure. "I love it" I answered breathless. But I got a bit scared. Everything looked so pretty and like it was more worth than my apartment. I got scared. Charles must have noticed it because he squished my hand a little bit, like he wanted to tell me that he was right by my side. Even though it was just a little gesture my shoulders relaxed again. Charles gave me the feeling to be safe. But this feeling didn't show up the first time that night. It is always like that when I am with him. Charles talked to the waiter, who stands at the door. "Hello, I reserved a table for two" "Your name?" the waiter asked, although he looked like he knew who he was. "Charles Leclerc" Charles answered. The waiter nodded and looked at the reservations. "Please follow me" he said. While we were brought to our table, many people stopped eating to look at us. To look at Charles. It was different to be in public with him. Almost everybody knew him. It must be exhausting after a while. But Charles didn't look like he was exhausted or annoyed. He smiled at everybody, who looked at us and even waved at a little girl. She almost exploded of happiness. It is amazing wich effect Charles can have on people. I mean I can't say I am different. Every time I see him, my heart makes a little jump.

When we got to our table, Charles pulled my chair back so I could sit down. He is such a gentlemen. After he sat at the opposite of me, we got a card where all the drinks were written down. I had absolutely no idea what I should choose. "Do you like red wine?" he asked. I shook my head "Not really. Sorry" "Theres no reason to be sorry. I just learned a new thing about you" he responded. "What about white wine? Do you like it?" he asked again. "Yes." "We would take a bottle of your best white wine please" Charles ordered. The waiter, wich was waiting the whole time at our table, nodded. "I will be back in a few minutes" he said before he went back in the kitchen. As soon as the waiter left Charles asked me "Do you like it?" "Yes, it is really beautiful here" I looked around. I didn't lie, I have never been in a more beautiful restaurant than this. The waiter came back with a bottle of wine, two wine glasses and two menu cards. Once he put down the glasses and filled in some whine, he gave us the menu cards. We both thanked him before he went off. When I looked at the card, my jaw almost dropped. Oh my god. I already knew it would be expensive, but this was more than expensive. How should I pay anything of this?