27. And I Found Love

"And you had said something to me."

"I did and it was not important." She softly replied.

"Rather, it was! You had said.. you had said.. you'll protect me!" He came towards her.

"I was childish then.. I couldn't even..." She looked down at her feet as waves came and went.

"Come back, Som, I need you!"

She lifted her eyes from the sand to his face as he spoke further.

"My life and I, both are in a mess without you!"

"So, you're asking me to be your PA or something?" She asked.

"I am asking you to be my girlfriend! How did you get into the university with this IQ?"

Da-Som gawked at him, surely he didn't say what she thought she heard.

She turned to go, Hoseok came forward and held her hand.

"Don't, Hoseokshi!" She said as she turned to him and tried to wriggle her wrist out of his hold.

"Is it because am older to you by some six years?" He asked as he looked down in her eyes.

"No!" She said, taking a step back.

"Then?" He took one towards her and did not let go her hand to stop her from walking away again.

"Am not worthy of you, Hoseok-shi! And I don't need your sympathy, I have told you before that I can protect and save myself now! I have learnt to! You don't need to do it for me." She struggled with his hold on her wrist but he pulled her towards him.

"Since you're all for protecting and saving yourself, then can you give me the permission to, love you? In ways that you don't love yourself? Please allow me to fill that space for you? Be with me? Would you please be my girlfriend?"

She stared at him and the next moment she felt his lips on hers. He had placed a sweet, tender and gentle kiss on her lips.

She didn't flinch at the touch, she had just closed her eyes and slowly opened them when she felt him move away from her.

Da-Som's hands were still in his. She found herself looking up at his smile, his face was lit up with a shining sweet smile.

"Please accept me as your boyfriend, Som! I can not fight it any longer." He heaved a sigh, closed his eyes and said as he opened them,

"I swear I will love you to the end of time, my Som-Som!"

The next moment she had moved forward and collapsed into his arms. She was sobbing pressed against his chest. She had decided to be strong till this point, but his touch, his presence and his words felt too much for her too on top of her own feelings.

Hoseok collected her in his safe embrace. This was the love that he wanted and craved for. The girl whom he would like to love till the end of time was in his arms right now, he felt no longing no ache but a warmth and a sense of peace slowly settling into his heart, though she hadn't yet uttered any reply but he felt her heart beating for him against his chest.

"But.. but.." She looked up at him, withdrawing herself back a little, her one hand clenched the front of his shirt and the other patted her cheeks as she struggled to speak.

"What will your fans say, they will be disgusted by me.. And your friends.."

"Shh.." He placed a finger over her lips.

She looked down, her lips quivered against his finger.

"Do you care about me?"

She nodded looking at her feet.

"Do you.. love me?"

Tears rolled down her eyes and she tried to get away again.

"Please answer, Shorty."

She shook her head in negation.

"Okay, then let me tell you that, I do! I love you Som and I will wait right here on this beach till you accept or reject me in clear terms. I want to be sure for once and I would like it to be a yes."

He sat down on the sand and she watched him for two minutes.

She took slow steps towards him and he felt her tug at the sleeve of his shirt.

"What?" He looked up.

"Get up!"

He did.

"You will not be disgusted by me?" She asked.

"So, I forbid you to use the words disgust, ashamed, worthy, etc. You're not to mention these words again, ever!"

"Then what else should I mention?"

"What I want to hear." He inter-weaned his fingers in hers.

 She took a deep breath and said it.

"Sarangheyo!"

Hoseok took one step closer to her because that was all the distance to be covered now, and rubbed the tip of his nose against hers.

"Sarangheyo, Som-Som!"

Their lips locked into a kiss.

They had both found love or the love had found them?

Doesn't matter!

Because all that matters is..

Sarang..

Amor..

Ai..

Liebe..

Love.

~~~~~~~~~~~ End of Book 3 ~~~~~~~~~~~

[ Author's Note:

The word Da-Som is the older version of the word Sa-rang.
Da-Som means love.
So this was how Hoseok found his Da-Som. ]