17. Something is Amiss

Hoseok took a sip of his coffee and looked about him again, something was definitely amiss. He felt that something was lacking and he wondered that what possibly it could be.

He was somewhat able to point it down, the cheerfulness around him was somehow gone and there was a sombre effect to his surroundings. Though everything was at their perfect place yet things looked awry. No one was tripping off things, no one was colliding with them either, no one was falling to the floor for no reason and yet there was a certain gloomy chaos.

Why is it so? He thought and again sipped his coffee. He then made a face and kept it away.

Shorty, where was his shorty?
Why hasn't she come back yet, she can't take a forever off like this.

He called Choi and asked for her contact number. He contemplated for some time to call her or not and then before he could decide upon it he got occupied with other things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Da-Som didn't want to cry, she didn't at all wanted to, but she could not hold back her tears and they trailed down her cheeks which have gone really pale.

She had just tried to walk on her own and learnt that she had gotten a permanent limp to her gait. She can't possibly walk back with the same posture as she did before this accident.

It broke her down, she asked to be left alone in the room by herself but Marie wouldn't hear of it. She sat in one corner of the room while Da-som silently wept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoseok looked at the coffee mug that was laying untouched. He couldn't believe that he had made it himself and yet he found its taste abhorring.

He picked up his phone and called her number.

"Hey Shorty!"

"Hello Sir, this is Marie, Somiee's friend."

"Oh, hi!" He paused for a bit.

"Can I talk to her, is she all right?"

"She is actually sleeping and she's not fine."

"Oh! What did the doctor say? When will they discharge her?"

"Sir, they will discharge her tomorrow but she is really disheartened about her leg."

"What about her leg? What has happened?"

"Sir, she will have a certain limp to her walk now, like, she won't be able to walk fast or run. At least for sometime, that's making her sad and hence she has been silently crying about it."

"Oh! Am sorry, please ask her to call me whenever she wakes up. Please."

"Sure, Sir."

Marie sank in her chair after the call, recovering from the fact that she just had a conversation with J-Hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoseok subconsciously had waited for Da-Som's call or message and he quickly reached out for his phone when he saw the screen lit up indicating a message from her side.

Thank you for calling, Hoseok-shi. I am fine now.

Da-Som had typed in and erased many messages before coming up with these two lines. How her heart beats had increased when Marie had told her about his call. She didn't tell her that she shared with him about her crying though, she knew she wouldn't like it at all that and moreover she had blurted all that out of nervousness.

When will you join back?  He asked.

In some days. She replied.

Take all the time you need but my schedules are in a mess without you. Come back soon.

And am in a mess without you. Da-Som wanted to reply but did not.

Thank you, Hoseokshi. I will. She replied.

Maybe you wouldn't even want me back now, manager-nim too wouldn't want me back. How would I do the work now? How will I run from this floor to that, from this office to that one. How will I? No one would possibly want me now.

Da-Som looked out of the window, her tears silently fell and her heart ached as she looked back at her phone screen at the messages received from Hoseok.

Am waiting for you to join back. Wait.. this is peculiar, but.. have I somehow gotten used to this clumsy child?
Hoseok thought as he scrolled through the many apps on his phone.