𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑇𝑜 𝑀𝑒

By the time Y/n's father was home, dinner was ready, so Y/n and Michael headed down the stairs to the dining room and took a seat. Michael sat across from her while M/n sat on one side, placing a large plate of f/f in the middle of the table. F/n soon walked in, pausing once he saw Michael.

"Who are you?" F/n asked.

"Oh, I'm Michael. I came over to study and Mrs. L/n asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner," Michael replied, extending his hand towards Y/n's father. With a smile, F/n shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Michael. How did you meet my daughter?" he questioned, beginning to eat his food.

"Oh, um. Mutual friend. She introduced us, and so Y/n and I started talking and became friends. She's very nice, and a very good friend."

"That's what I like to hear," F/n laughed lightly. Y/n smiled in slight embarrassment, looking down at her plate and picking at her food.

"Y/n, dear, are you alright?"

"Just nervous about midterms. A lot of pressure, you know?" she responded.

"You can go upstairs and calm down if you need to, I know how much anxiety can get to you. I can put your dinner in the fridge until you are ready for it, Y/n. I don't mind," M/n told her.

"Yes, I think I will go back upstairs if that's okay, I'm sorry."

F/n shook his head. "No, no, it's alright, Y/n/n. If you need to destress, we understand."

"Do you want me to come with you, Y/n?" Michael inquired, looking at her worriedly.

"If you want to, I don't mind."

"I can save yours too, Michael, it's no worry," M/n smiled.

"Oh, thank you, Mrs. L/n."

She gave him a nod. "Of course. You two go upstairs, I'll take care of your plates."

"Thank you, Mom."

"Anything for you, sweetheart. You go relax, and you can come get your food when you feel like it."

"Alright. I'm sorry again."

"No need to apologize, Y/n. We understand."

"Thanks Dad." Y/n headed up the stairs, Michael behind her. She closed the door behind them, falling onto her bed, staring at the ceiling. Michael returned to the chair, looking at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm, just a lot of stress," Y/n replied. At that moment, Michael's phone rang, so he looked at the screen with a slight frown. "Are you okay?"

"I have to go home, people are wondering where I am."

"Oh, gotcha. Well, thanks for coming over for a bit. If you ask my mom, she can send your dinner home with you if you want," Y/n smiled gently, standing up and watched as he gathered his things.

"Anytime, and thanks," he said, turning to look at her, swinging his backpack onto his shoulder. There was a quiet sensation in the air while they waited to see if the other would say something. Y/n found herself staring into his sky blue eyes and seeing peace.

"Um... see you tomorrow, Michael. I hope you sleep well," Y/n said quietly, her voice barely over a whisper as she broke eye contact, looking to the floor. After a few seconds, Michael lifted her chin with his fingers, and she made eye contact again, her breath hitched in her throat. He leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, to which she felt heat rise to her face, but kept gazing at his eyes as if she'd forget was they looked like if she didn't.

"See you tomorrow," he smiled, opening the door and walking out of the room and down the stairs. Y/n exhaled sharply, sitting on her bed again, her mouth open slightly. She felt helpless at the moment, but also felt like she could take on the world and could face anything that was thrown her way.

"Y/n? Are you alright, dear?" M/n asked, walking into the room and sitting beside her daughter on her bed.

Y/n was quiet for a minute before replying. "Yeah...?" Of course it happened to appear as more of a question rather than a statement, and the uncertainty in her voice alerted the older woman in a way only a mother could notice.

"Talk to me, Y/n/n, what's wrong?"

Y/n fell back on her bed again, eyeing the ceiling as she attempted to come up with the right words to explain. She didn't think there were any such words, but she had to say something. "Mom, what's that feeling?"

"What feeling?"

"It's like... a butterfly, or group of butterflies in my chest. It's been happening more recently, but only when I'm around Michael, I don't understand what's happening. It makes me feel sick, but like I can take on anything at the same time. Am I coming down with something?"

M/n laughed heartedly, a wide grin on her face as she looked at Y/n. "No, honey, you're not coming down with something."

"What is it then? Why is it funny?"

"My dear, it surprises me how you are so good at being a wingwoman. You say you only feel it around Michael?"

"Yes...?"

"Y/n, I think you like him."

Y/n tilted her head to the side. "Of course I like him, he's my friend."

"I mean as more than a friend. I think you have a crush on him. You are sometimes so oblivious to things when they involve you."

"What should I do?"

"Well, I think that maybe you should try and talk to him about it sometime. Maybe he likes you back."

Y/n shook her head quickly. "I can't do that. I made a commitment to help people find love, not myself. If I give that up, then people are left on their own and I don't want to see someone struggling and me not being able to help them."

"Just listen to what I'm going to say, alright?"

"Okay."

"In the event that you get into a relationship, it doesn't affect who you are and what you do. In fact, it might help you be better. Think about that. Now, are you hungry yet?"

"No... thanks though."

"Of course, my dear. It will be in the fridge when you're ready for it. And think about what I said." The h/c haired girl nodded, watching M/n leave the room. Y/n went to her desk, pulling open her notebook and writing down all her feelings and thoughts.

The clock ticked through time, a silent watcher of her current state. Eight turned to nine, nine to ten, and soon it was after twelve. And as her eyes landed on said clock, she fully realized how long she had fully been at her writing. She took a last look at the page, seeing only random scribbles rather than anything important at the moment. She put down the pencil, changed into pajamas, and climbed into her bed, drifting into a dreamless sleep not long after.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: BONE JAW!!! This chapter isn't great, but it's something, so I can't complain. I hope you all are enjoying this story and I'll see you in the next chapter! Love ya!