𝑂𝑣𝑒𝑟

A/N: Just in case you don't know, l/f/f is least favorite food, and l/f/c is least favorite color, just in case you don't know ☺️

***

F/n dropped the two teens off at school on his way to work that morning. Y/n had a skip in her step as she walked alongside Michael into the school, and he couldn't stop staring at her. She was the embodiment of sunshine to him and he loved it.

"Y/n, what the heck?!" Envy exclaimed.

"Envy! How are you today?"

"We need to talk," she said sternly, giving Michael a side glare. "Get lost, nerd."

"Don't talk to him like that. And if he's a nerd, so am I. What's your deal?"

"I should head to class anyways. Bye Y/n," Michael said softly, slowly backing away.

"Bye Michael," Y/n told him, also sending him a smile. "What is your deal, Envy?"

"Stay away from him," Envy spat, her eyes dark with an unknown emotion.

"Why?"

"Because I don't trust him. He's playing you to get what he wants. I've seen it happen with others. It's not pretty."

"And you know this how?" Y/n asked, raising her eyebrow in confusion. Her arms were crossed over her chest and was clearly not in the mood for games. Today started off good, she wanted to keep it that way.

"I just know, okay? Michael isn't a great person, I can tell. You've been hanging around him so much lately, and Honor told me what you did and honestly, that was a crap move."

"Wait, what? What did Honor say?"

"She said that you went to her with an idea to sabotage him so she could have a better chance at getting selected to get a recommendation to Harvard. She could get in serious trouble because of you," Envy explained with a glare.

Y/n let out an emotionless laugh. "Well, first off, that is not even close to being true. She came to me, and then I told her to not ask me for anything more. And if you actually got to know him, you'd see that he's actually a good person. I have more trust issues than anyone, you know this. If I trust someone, it's probably because they're a good person."

"Okay, one, why would Honor lie? Two, you've always had trouble finding friends because you trust too easily, so you can't use that excuse."

"If Michael was really that bad, would he have literally bought me tickets to go see Imagine Dragons in a few months? If he was really so bad, would he be one to watch Doctor Who with me just because? Is he really that bad if he goes out of his way to make sure that I am okay?"

"He did what?"

"Because my birthday is coming up, he bought me tickets for Imagine Dragons. Asked my parents for permission to take me and everything. Would be do that if he was a bad person?"

Envy scoffed. "He's trying to get into your head, to take you down from the inside."

"Envy, are you even hearing yourself?" Y/n asked quietly. "What happened to the bubbly Envy I talked to just a few days ago? The Envy who never talked bad about someone?"

"I'm trying to protect you."

"'Protect' me? No. You're not protecting me. What actually happened?"

"I grew up. I realized that me being my bubbly self was getting me nowhere, so I grew up. I'm more mature, I'm more likeable, I'm happier now. He's trying to sabotage you, trust me, he does NOT have your best interests in mind. If anything, he's worse than your former best friend. You remember her."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. And in the nicest way possible," Y/n paused, placing her hand on Envy's shoulder. "This friendship is over."

Her face dropped as Y/n walked past. "Wh- what do you mean this friendship is over?!"

Y/n spun on her heel, giving Envy a two fingered salute, then spun back around, continuing to class. "Goodbye Envy!"

*Time Skip*

During lunch, Y/n sat at a lonely table in the corner, writing in her notebook, glancing up as Envy sent her a glare while she walked past, joining Honor and her friends at another table. She noticed Michael on the other side of the lunchroom and waved to him. He ducked below a banner that was being strung up to promote the upcoming prom and headed over to the table.

At that second, Benjamin Duncan stepped in between Y/n and Michael, who frowned. Benjamin's posse stood around him, one of which held a rolled up poster. He smiled at her, and she felt a chill of fear creep up her spine. She always got the creepiest vibes from him, but she kept her composure.

"Y/n L/n," he said.

"That's my name, I'm so glad you know it," she replied smugly.

"Oh Y/n, always the comedian," he complimented. "Now. I have a question for you, beautiful." Y/n cringed at the nickname, she'd become so accustomed to hearing Michael call her Sunflower that any other nickname felt foreign and wrong.

"And I have an answer," she told him with a fake smile.

Benjamin nodded to his friends, who unrolled the paper, and in big, red letters, there was the word PROM? He looked back to Y/n, getting on his knees like if he was proposing and held his arms out. "Y/n, will you go to prom with me? We can get l/f/f before, and I'll wear l/f/c to match the dress I will buy for you and then afterwards, we'll go to Isabella's huge prom after party and have the best night ever."

Y/n frowned. He kept trying to get her to go out with him, but didn't know a thing about her. Michael gave her a look from the side of his group and mouthed 'I'm sorry'. He looked sympathetic and gave her a half smile, which made her feel more comfortable. She looked back to Benjamin, who was smirking, thinking he had her on the hook and was awaiting her response.

"Nope," Y/n replied.

He blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Are you hard of hearing?"

"Did you just tell me no?"

"Oh, so you did understand! I'm so glad, I thought I was speaking French or something, I wasn't sure you understood."

"How can you tell me no?" questioned Benjamin. "Literally every girl in this school would die to be in your position right now."

"So go ask one them. I'm not really into egotistical, narcissistic athletes, thank you very much."

"I can change."

"Okay, Benjamin, can I say something?"

He nodded slowly, so Y/n continued. "First off, you have known me for six years, so you should know me better than this. I HATE l/f/f, I absolutely despise it. And l/f/c is my absolute last choice, and I'm talking even if no other colors existed, I wouldn't even pick that one. And in the event that I do go to prom, I won't be going to any sort of after party because prom is enough social interaction for one day. After prom, I would be going home. So I will not be going to prom with you. Ever. Not even if you paid me."

"You're missing out, nerd!"

Y/n laughed. "One, I take nerd as a compliment, two, come up with better insults, you pompous dollophead." She gave him a slight wave as he stomped off. Michael sat across from her, grinning.

"That was quite the performance, Sunflower, he deserved it."

"Well thank you, I try," she smiled back. The two continued talking while Honor, Talia, Emma, and Envy glared at them in disgust. But Y/n and Michael didn't care, they were too content chatting with each other to care. And they didn't care what everyone else thought. Which is what irked everyone the most.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: HEY BESTIESSSSS!!!! How'd we feel about this chapter? Was it good? Was it bad? I feel like it was bad, but whatever I guess. Anyways. Love ya!