𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝑟𝑦

The following day, it was everything Y/n could do to stay away from Michael. But he had to keep up his act. Honor was so gullible. She believed his every word about leaving Y/n behind, it was borderline funny. Every word that fell from his lips was most likely a lie, but she was too blindsided to see it. Y/n would watch them interact from afar, chin in hand, and she couldn't stop staring. The way his curls poked out from under his beanie, the way his eyes sparkled when a topic he was passionate about was brought up, the way he smiled...

"You alright?"

Y/n jumped at the sudden voice and looked over, seeing someone she hadn't really interacted with. She had dark black hair, and light green eyes, which were somewhat covered by bangs. The girl wore dark eyeliner over some red eyeshadow and had some dark lip color resembling black, but appeared as more of a purple in certain lights. Y/n recognized her as a girl who moved there a few months ago, but she didn't interact with her much.

"You're Y/n, right?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm sorry, I don't remember your name," Y/n admitted.

The girl chuckled with a soft smile. "I'm Rio."

"Nice to meet you, Rio," Y/n said, extending her hand to her. The girl shook it and smiled back.

"Are you okay?" Rio asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you keep staring over at Michael and Honor. Are you jealous that she's spending so much time with your boyfriend?"

Y/n would have choked on her water, had she been drinking some, but gave the girl a wide eyed look. "He's not my boyfriend."

Rio chuckled. "Could have fooled me."

"Excuse me?"

"You were just looking at him like he is the entire world. I've seen you two over the past little while. You look at each other like you are both made of the entire universe. If I'm being honest, call me weird, but I'm a writer and I based the main couple in my book off you and him."

"You're kidding," Y/n replied, shocked.

"I'm not. You can read it when I'm finished. It has to do with magic and alternate dimensions and friendship. There's monsters and mind games, of course romance. I think you'd like it," Rio explained.

Y/n nodded with interest. "I like the sound of it. I will definitely read it once it's done. I'm a big fan of magic, so." She laughed lightly.

"By the way, I'm on your side."

"My side...?" Y/n asked.

"With the whole situation with Honor and Envy. I'm on your side. What they did was wrong and I don't like it."

"Wow, you're one of the first people to say that. I appreciate the support," Y/n said to the girl.

Rio shrugged. "Just promise that you'll tell me everything later."

With a chuckle, Y/n continued. "I will, I promise." She wrote down her number on a piece of paper and handed it to Rio, who thanked her, and slipped the note in her bag. Rio promised to message her later that day, and once again, Y/n started staring at Michael, though not as intensely as before.

***

During lunch, Y/n didn't dare go to the lunchroom. So instead, she stayed in the hallway, wandering around, thinking of everything. Was Rio right? Was Danny right? Was she falling for Michael? She hadn't felt much attraction to anyone, so she wasn't sure what it was like. Did it feel like soaring? Sinking? Drowning? Did it make you feel helpless while also feeling like you could take on the world?