𝐺𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑦

By the end of the day, Honor had gotten into a fight with Christine, and Travis revealed that he was gay. Y/n knew all along. Well, had a hunch. She was proud of him for finally telling someone and for finally opening up. Y/n sent him a smile as she walked out of the school that day and gave him a nod, signaling that she was happy that he was finally able to be himself.

"Sunflower, we need to talk," Michael said quietly. He grabbed her hand, taking her to a quiet area behind the school where not many people were around. Although, it was more like an alley where you couldn't be seen unless someone looked for you.

"Michael, is everything okay?"

"Yes, of course. I just need to talk to you," he answered.

"If you're busy, you don't have to tell me, I'm not one of those clingy friends that wonders where you are 24/7 and all that. If you have plans, that's fine." There was that word again. Friends. He wanted nothing more than to get rid of that label and replace it with something better and more fitting.

"Um... I'm studying with Honor tonight. I know that she's trying to sabotaging me, so to make it less suspicious, I'm going to play into her plan, make her think she won," Michael told her.

Y/n nodded at him, showing she understood what he was saying, then spoke. "That's actually not a bad idea. Just while you're there, don't bring up or talk about me unless she brings it up first. Where she told Envy that I was the one who had the sabotage idea in the first place, who knows what else she could have said. And pretend like you are baiting me."

"Why?"

"If she thinks you are getting closer to me to take me down, she might not completely hate you and might keep getting close to you, thus making her think she is getting her way. Did that make sense?"

A smile slowly spread across Michael's face and he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Y/n, you are a genius."

"I try," Y/n replied.

Michael kissed her forehead, a grin on his face. "I will text you tonight, you are the absolute best. I have to go now, but I promise I will tell you everything either later tonight or tomorrow. Bye, Sunflower!" he exclaimed, kissing her cheek, though it was more the corner of her mouth and hurried off. Y/n watched him go, and he turned back and smiled over his shoulder before rounding the corner. Y/n exhaled sharply, leaning against the wall, her mouth open slightly. Her face flushed red as she processed what just happened. Granted the kiss was barely on the corner of her mouth, but it still happened.

With a wide grin on her face and a skip in her step, she began her walk home, and once she reached home, she went up to her room, turned on her playlist, and started dancing around her room.

***

The following day was the midterm in Chemistry. Regardless of how much she knew, she was nervous about it. She made her way into the classroom, sitting in her assigned seat, bouncing her leg. She pulled out a pen and began doodling on her arm. This was a nervous habit she had, and it helped her focus, and helped her mind relax. It was a grounding thing she did to help her remain calm, and some thought it was weird, but to others, they understood.

Michael entered the classroom and made eye contact with her. She sent him a soft smile, hoping to convey the fact that she was okay, but he saw through it. He headed over to her and stood across the table from her. He held her hand, looking at the drawings on her arm. "You alright, Sunflower?"

"Yeah, I'm just fine," she lied.

"You don't draw on your arm unless you are really nervous. Are you alright?" he continued, rubbing his thumb over her knuckle.

"I'll be fine, Michael. I promise. I just need to get through this exam, and then I'll be good as new. Don't worry about me," Y/n smiled.

"Alright, then. Talk to you after class?"

"Of course." Michael smiled back at her and went to his seat. Once the bell rang, the teacher handed out the tests and told everyone to begin.

To Y/n, the test was fairly easy, actually. She knew most of the answers and got through them quickly. A few times during the test time, she looked up and saw Honor struggling. The blonde kept glancing at Michael, then down to her paper. She completely disregarded what Y/n told her.

Honor was crushing on him. Majorly. And Y/n could tell. He got inside her head, got inside her thoughts, he was distracting her from the inside. Was this a good thing? Who knows. Would her plan come crashing down? Absolutely. And honestly, Y/n couldn't wait to see it. Unless Honor needed Y/n for something, she could be quite rude at times. And Y/n regretted helping her in the first place.

The bell rang, and once it did, the teacher stood up and addressed the class. "Alright, everybody. Time's up." One by one, the students walked up to her and handed in their tests. Honor walked towards the door when she paused within the door frame. Y/n watched, her head tilted to the side while she walked with Michael to turn in their tests. Y/n sent the teacher a smile as she did so, and the teacher thanked her.

"I don't need to care what anyone thinks anymore," Honor said, she walked up to Michael, placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned in, her lips connecting with his. Y/n felt tears spring to her eyes, but she held them back. She walked out of the classroom, hitting Honor's shoulder on the way out. She made her way down the hallway, not noticing Envy sending a smirk her way until she spoke up.

"Aw, poor Y/n/n! You gonna cry? Did that hurt?" Envy taunted with a laugh.

"You," Y/n said, heading over to her former friend. "This was your idea, wasn't it?"

"Guilty."

"Why? What kind of sick game are you playing?!"

"Who says it's a game?"

"Says the fact that Honor just went up and kissed Michael for no reason! Says the fact that you say you're 'protecting me' even though you're ruining things for me! I have so much self doubt and doubt in my own judgement that I don't know who to believe anymore! I don't trust my own thoughts!"

Envy smiled, but not a kind smile, the kind of smile the villain gives the hero right before the villain destroys everything the hero loved. "And that's what I was waiting for." By this point, a crowd had formed in the hall, watching the scene unfold. Michael was front and center, a look of extreme guilt in his eyes, written into his facial expression, a brim of tears begging to be released formed in his vision.

"What?"

"Your own self destruction. Don't worry, L/n, you'll be through this suffering soon."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I wanted to. What else was there to do? I was bored and tired of being known as the friend of the great wingwoman Y/n L/n. Every guy has thought about asking you out at least once because you always play hard to get. How fair is that to everyone else? You were put on a pedestal like some sort of Goddess and everyone either wanted to be you or be with you. So I decided that if I could make you self destruct, there wouldn't be much left to glorify."

Y/n sent her a glare, getting really close to her face and spoke in a low whisper. "Just because you destroy me doesn't mean they will automatically glorify you." Y/n spun on her heel and walked away, keeping her head held high, even though she felt like crying. Even in the worst times, it's best to not let them see that they get to you.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: I hate this chapter, but whatever, it's out. I hope you like this chapter even though I hate it. But bye for now, love ya