𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑏𝑒𝑟

After the weekend was over, and Y/n returned to school, something was wrong. As she walked through the doors, people whispered and stared. She brushed it off and went to her locker, opening it. But when she did, a paper fell out and onto the floor. Curious, she lifted it up and her face fell.

It held a picture of her with red horns drawn on her head, and written in red ink around the page were several words, such as 'traitor', 'manipulator', 'faker', and other such words littered the photo in a blood red border, taunting her. When she glanced down the hall, people were looking and pointing to her, whispering to their friends.

And now she'd become an outcast, a freak, and not of her own accord. She was forced into this alienation with no choice as to her fate in the matter. She turned back to the mirror in locker and saw a stranger that carried her face. In such a little while, she had turned into something that she now didn't recognize, but at the same time it was her, just changed.

She looked back at the paper in her hands and crumbled it up, tossing it in the trash before walking to class, a frown on her lips and her head tilted down. She walked in the room, went straight to her desk, and sat down with her head in her hands. As more students entered the room, they laughed lightly and pointed at her. The worst part was, Michael wasn't in this class with her, so she would be completely and utterly alone.

***

At lunch that day, Y/n sat alone, keeping her head down, not daring to look anyone in the eyes. People laughed at her while they passed and started gossiping and spreading untrue rumors.

"I heard that she stole Michael from Envy. She says she's liked him for a long time until Y/n swooped in and took him."

"Really? Envy told me that the only reason Y/n is around Michael is because she's sleeping with him."

"Why anyone would choose to be around either one of them is a mystery to me. They're both backstabbers. Michael was leading on Honor, and Y/n betrayed Envy by going after the guy she liked. Both of them are perfect for each other. Maybe they'll backstab each other and all this drama will be over."

Y/n stood up and walked quickly out of the lunchroom. The now empty hallways were filled with the sounds of her footsteps and her soft sniffles as she tried not to cry. As she headed down the hallway, she glanced up and saw Michael walking towards her. She grabbed his arm as she passed and pulled him down the corridor.

"Y/n? Are you okay? I saw the posters, I got rid of as many as I could when I got here."

Y/n dragged him into an unlocked closet and shut the door, breathing deeply and letting go of his arm. She glanced up at his face and for a minute, her breath hitched in her throat, fully realizing how close she was to him. Yes, she'd been close to him before, but something about this current situation, it seemed different.

"Are you okay?" Michael repeated, a concerned look on his face. He placed his hand on the side of hers, his thumb caressing her cheekbone. She resisted the urge to melt into his touch as this was not the time to do so.

"I have a plan."

"A plan? I don't understand."

"Okay. You saw the posters, now there's rumors being spread, but, I have a plan."

"Okay...?" Michael's voice was uncertain, but he knew he had to do whatever he could to make sure things went back to normal.

"We're going to have a fight."

"Excuse me?"

"Okay, okay, hear me out. While we're walking down the hall one day, once we see Honor or Envy around, you're going to turn to me and say something like 'I can't do this anymore, being around you is toxic' or something, then I leave because I'm like 'fine, whatever, I thought we were friends' and if Honor does what I think she will, she'll reconcile and get closer to you again. And then... we can take her and Envy down."

"Take... take them down?"

"Yes. They made those posters. And while I was in the lunchroom, I heard people say that Envy was saying things that weren't true. I want to take them down."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows and spoke again. "Will it work?"

"I have no doubt. Once Honor trusts you again, do something charming, get her interested again. I'm sure you can come up with something."

He nodded slowly. "Okay, okay, I got it. If you think it will work, I'll do it."

"Thank you, Michael," Y/n smiled gently.

"Of course, Sunflower. I'll come over to yours later tonight?"

She shook her head. "No, they might find out, and that's what I don't want. You can text me, but don't come over. Got it?"

"Got it. Well then," he kissed her hand gently, as he usually did. "Until we meet again, darling."

"Until we meet again."

***

Just as Y/n planned, the two walked through the halls near the end of the day, and just like before, people whispered and pointed. Michael slightly eyed Y/n at his side, and she gently nodded in a way people wouldn't notice.

"Okay, Y/n, I can't do this anymore. I can't play your game anymore. They rumors, the posts, the posters, I can't do it. I hate to say it, but you're toxic, not just to me, but to other people," Michael stated, louder than a normal speaking voice. Right on cue, Honor perked up from across the hall and watched them.

"Oh yeah, well you were the one who became my friend first," scoffed Y/n, with an eye roll.

"And it was a huge mistake. I pity anyone who becomes your friend next. Have a nice life."

"Fine, whatever. See ya never, Dipnicky." Y/n stomped off and from behind her, she heard Honor ask Michael if he was okay.

Everything goes according to plan.

***

Later that night, Y/n sat in her room scrolling on her phone. She was smiling at a video of some very fluffy Malamute puppies when a text from Michael appeared on the screen.

Michael
Hi Sunflower :)

You
Hi Michael!

Michael
You okay after earlier? What I said didn't hurt you, did it?

You
Not at all. I know it was an act.

Michael
Good to know. Just checking up. I was worried I went too far.

You
Don't worry, Michael. It's okay, I promise

"Y/n! Door!" M/n called from downstairs.

"Be right there!"

You
I'll be right back, someone's at the door

Michael
No worries ❤️

Y/n smiled at her phone, biting her lip as she smiled. She walked down the stairs and went to the front door, opening it and smiling more. "I told you not to come visit, Michael."

"I couldn't resist, I'm sorry," said the curly haired boy as he hugged her.

"Come inside, come inside, we can watch some Doctor Who."

"You're speaking my language, Sunflower," he grinned. He shut the front door behind him and followed her up the stairs and into her room. He sat against her headrest, and she leaned on his chest, turning on the TV and selecting an episode of the British show. As they watched the show, Michael played with her hair, and Y/n felt happy. Happier than usual, and everything felt perfect.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: HEYYYYYY!!!!! SORRY FOR THE WAIT, I HIT MAJOR WRITER'S BLOCK AND THIS CHAPTER IS NOT GREAT, BUT I HAD TO GET SOMETHING DONE- KDFJSKDJSKEJSOSJJSJDKW I'VE BEEN DOING A WHOLE TON OF EDITS, INCLUDING A FEW HONOR SOCIETY ONES AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM, PLEASE GO HYPE THEM UP- my TikTok is gxbriels_wings, sooooo have fun and I really, really hope this was good