𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

The next morning when Y/n woke up, she was tempted to take a sick day. She really didn't feel like interacting with the common folk today, however she knew she had to face the day, even though she'd despise every minute. Memories of the previous night came rushing back to her mind, and she found herself smiling at the ceiling.

That alone gave her the motivation to at least face the day, whatever it had to offer. She got out of bed, walking over to her closet and pulling out the clothes she wanted for the day. As she changed, she decided to play music as a pass time. When she pressed play, it happened to be On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons, a personal favorite of hers. So she danced as she got ready, singing along to the music as she did so.

"Y/n! Breakfast!" M/n called from downstairs.

"Coming Mom!" Y/n replied. She threw her notebook into her backpack, grabbing her phone and heading down the stairs. She gave her father a wide smile as he left for work and sat at the table in front of her mother and smiled down at the breakfast before her.

"You seem chipper this morning, you alright?"

"Of course I am! I'm just excited for school today, I guess," Y/n replied.

"That's a first. Well, eat up, go on. You can't have a good day on an empty stomach!" M/n grinned, kissing her daughter on the forehead before walking over and grabbing her purse, slinging it onto her shoulder. "Feel free to invite Michael over again after school today if you want."

"Will do!" Y/n said in between bites.

"I'll see you later tonight, sweetheart! Love you!"

"Love you too, Mom! Bye!" M/n closed the front door and only her music from before was heard. As she finished her breakfast, she picked up her backpack and left the house, locking the door behind her. She headed towards the school, a slight skip in her step. While she walked, she plugged in her earbuds, and continued to listen to the songs she loved so much. Imagine Dragons was probably her first favorite band, and they had a special place in her heart. She hoped to see them in concert one day, but for now, she'd just have to keep her fantasies to just that. Fantasies.

When she arrived at school, she noticed Michael standing near the front of the school, almost as if he was waiting for something interesting. When she got closer, he smiled and sent her a wave, hurrying over to her. She took out one earbud so she could hear him if he started talking to her.

"Good morning, sunflower," he said. Y/n felt those butterflies again at the nickname.

"'Sunflower'?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, because of Vincent and the Doctor, you know? Vincent paints the sunflower painting and dedicates it to Amy. I saw a print of it on your wall, so I figured it was a fitting nickname," he explained. A wide smile spread across her face when he explained the reference.

"I love it. Especially with the reference attached. It's one of my favorite episodes of all time, it never fails to make me cry."

Michael nodded. "I feel that. It's the best episode of anything I have ever seen."

"I wholeheartedly agree," Y/n smiled at him, finally feeling like someone appreciated her thoughts and that someone appreciated her favorite show as much as she did. It was refreshing to realize how much he liked the show too.

"We should get to class," he suggested.

"Agreed. Let's go."

*Time Skip*

Back in Chem, Y/n tuned out everything, and found herself staring at him. Only him. Her chin was in her hands as she watched him, her science partner was absent that day, so she didn't have anyone to talk to. Once the teacher was done with her lecture, the students had a little bit of free time before next class.

"You alright Y/n?" Honor asked.

"Hmm? Sorry," Y/n shook his head, looking to the blonde who had joined her side.

"You're just staring. You alright?"

"Yes, of course. Just lost in thought. I'm fine."

Honor nodded slightly. "Alright... I don't believe you, but whatever you say, I guess." She returned to her seat as Michael looked over his shoulder and sent Y/n a wink. She felt the heat return to her face and looked down at the table, smiling widely to herself.

*Time Skip*

At the end of the day, Honor approached Y/n and hid behind a tree while Michael passed. "I want you to follow him."

"Excuse me?" Y/n scoffed.

"I want you to find out where he lives. I'll pay you. Please Y/n."

Y/n rolled her eyes, looking to her nails. "I want $75."

Honor was quiet. "Fine. I'll pay."

"Thank you." Y/n spun around, and followed behind Michael. He went the same way as he did before, so it was simple to follow him. Y/n hid on thr side of a bus type vehicle and peeered around. Michael walked up to a house where a few children were playing in the front yard. He headed up the steps and hugged a woman on the porch. They talked for a minute before Michael looked over, causing Y/n to hide once again. She felt guilty, but Honor basically pleaded with her to do this. Y/n took a few pictures of the interaction before sending them to Honor while she walked home. She then proceeded to call the blonde and waited for her to answer.

"Y/n? Thank you for taking those pictures for me. I'll give you the money tomorrow, I promise."

"I want out," Y/n told her.

There was silence on the other line until Honor spoke. "Excuse me?"

"I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not following him, I not going to help anymore, I feel guilty about it, so I'm not going to do it anymore. I'll get my payment tomorrow, but after that I am done."

"But what if I need your help later?"

"Then you can find someone else, because I refuse to sabotage him anymore. He deserves just as much of a chance that you do." And with that, she hung up, putting her earbuds back in and pressing play on her music. She shoved her hands in her pockets, heading in the direction of her house, not realizing that there was a pair of sly blue eyes watching her go.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: A LITTLE BIT OF A SHORTER CHAPTER, BUT IT'S OKAY!! The amount of love I have for this story and this movie is uncanny. I love it so much and I am SO glad you all are enjoying it too! That's all for now! Please tell me if there are any errors, because I am tired and too lazy to re-read all this 😂 but anyways, love ya!