𝐹𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐

This is for you, welliamthechosenone 😀

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

The sound of gravel crunching caused Michael to look out of the window. His face fell as he ducked, grabbing Y/n's hand and pulling her towards their things in the other room. Her eyebrows furrowed as he did so, but she didn't dare say anything.

"Out the back, out, go!"

"Michael, what's going on?"

"Just go!" The two teens grabbed their stuff and dashed out the back door, around the side of the house, and back to the sidewalk. "We're good." He kept glancing back at the house to make sure they were indeed okay.

"Were those your parents?"

He exhaled sharply. "Yeah. Sorry, I forgot you figured it out."

"Does Honor know?"

"Not at all. And I don't plan on her finding out," he said. Y/n nodded, slightly biting her lip.

"No telling Honor. Got it."

"Can I ask you something?" Michael questioned, walking alongside her as they made their way down the sidewalk.

"Of course."

He gripped the strap of his backpack, a nervous habit he had, which of course, Y/n noticed. "Did I make you uncomfortable back there?"

"Um..." Y/n couldn't figure out the words to answer. On one hand, it was a little uncomfortable, but at the same time... she wanted it. Badly. "No, you didn't, it's just..."

"Just what?"

She held her head, slightly ashamed of her answer. In a mutter, she replied, "It would have been my first kiss."

"You've never kissed someone before?"

"No. I'm afraid."

He stopped and turned towards her, a look of concern on his face. "Afraid? Is that why you help people? Are you afraid to fall in love?"

"I'm afraid of being the only one that falls."

"Sunflower..." He grabbed her hand, holding it in his hands, rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. "Anyone would be lucky to have you. I mean, you're smart, you're nerdy, not to mention that you're extremely talented. You get people, and you help them in any way you can. You're intelligent, and charming. And above all beautiful."

Y/n slowly smiled, turning her face away, biting her lip slightly. "Th-thanks." Why was she stuttering?! She started walking again, not seeing Michael's absolutely mesmerized smile before he followed. As they continued, Michael intertwined their fingers, further giving off that sort of spark Y/n felt every time their skin touched. It was intoxicating, and something she'd never felt before, and she loved it.

"Do you want to maybe come over and watch Doctor Who with me? For a bit?" Y/n questioned, her voice quick due to the fact that she was nervous about the whole thing that had just happened. She was anxious about his answer, and it caused the bad kind of butterflies to fill her stomach.

"I would love to, actually. As long as we watch-!"

"Vincent and the Doctor," they said in unison. The two teens smiled at each other as they once again bonded over a favorite thing. Y/n held his hand tighter as they made their way back to her house once again. Once they reached her home, they went inside and headed up the stairs, dropping their bags by her door and climbing onto her bed. On her dresser by the wall opposite her bed, she had a television for such situations.

Y/n hugged a pillow as she leaned against the headboard, turning the TV on. Michael sat beside her, trying not to be too close in fear he would make her uncomfortable again. She started the episode and pulled her knees to her chest, trapping the pillow in between her legs and stomach. She smiled when that all too familiar theme song started playing she began humming along. Michael couldn't help but smile at this and at her enjoyment of the show. In that moment, he decided to take a dive of courage and rope his arm around her shoulders, and she turned her head to look at him.

"Is this okay?" he inquired. She answered his question by moving closer to his side, placing her head on his chest. Michael held her close, somewhat afraid that if he were to let her go, she'd disappear forever.

"Thank you, Michael," she whispered.

"For what?"

"For just... being there. And for watching this with me. Most people don't like or know of this show. And just thank you for everything," she continued.

"Of course, Sunflower. Anything for you." He debated kissing her on the head, but feared that it would be too much at one time. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable in her own home, but soon after, he noticed she had fallen asleep. Her arm reached across his torso, almost pulling him closer to her.

He smiled gently, placing a feather light kiss on top of her head, holding her close. "Sleep well, Y/n/n."

*Time Skip*

By the time M/n got home, it was after dark. Her workday went longer than expected, and she was exhausted. F/n was currently on his way his way back at that point, but wouldn't be home for another five or so minutes. M/n stopped at her daughter's door, hoping to say goodnight to her, as it was late. She gently pushed open the door and the sight she saw made her grin.

On the bed, Michael slept, propped against the headboard, his arm firmly around Y/n, who was also sleeping. The soft talking on the TV was the only noise heard from the room, along with the occasional deep breath. Y/n had a soft smile gracing her lips as she cuddled closer to him in her sleep. It reminded M/n of her and F/n when they were teenagers. They often had sleepovers such as this when they were dating, but as far as she knew, Y/n and Michael weren't. How M/n wished they were.

As M/n watched them, F/n walked quietly up the stairs, stopping to peer into the room. His own heart melted as he whispered to M/n. "Reminds me of us when we were younger."

"That's what I was thinking," M/n smiled, her voice quiet.

"They're not together, are they?"

"Nope."

"They should be. He seems good for her. This is the happiest I've seen her in a long time."

"I really hope he helps her come out of her shell more. She kind of needs it."

"She does. Guess we'll see. Come on, my love, let's leave them be," F/n said, grabbing M/n's hand. M/n nodded and closed the door, walking to her own room

All while this was happening, Y/n phone was blowing up with text messages from Envy. These messages were all over the place from frantic to chill, and anywhere in between.

Y/n?

Y/n, where are you?

Giselle got together with Julian! You are a miracle worker!

I'm getting worried.

Dean and Angie make such a cute couple.

Y/n? Are you there?

Did your phone die?

I'm texting Honor. Maybe she knows where you are.

Honor doesn't know either. Y/n, you're scaring me... 😭

Fine. Don't answer. I need to talk to you. It's important. Come find me at school tomorrow and we can talk.

It's about Michael.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: DO YOU ALL HATE ME YET 😀😀😀