22| Alpha Blood and A Righteous Bone

Sam and I were checking windows while Dean tried to open the locked door of the study.

"Anything?" Dean asked us.

"Nothing," Sam and I shook our heads. "You think Edgar's here for the same reason we are? I mean, look, if they figured out we're here to get alpha blood for a weapon..."

"I think any way you slice it, you got Pac Man and True Blood in the same room and that's bad news. I mean, he's not stupid. Why the hell do you think he locked us in here?"

"Dean, we're his enemy," I pointed out. "I mean, they're like monster cousins or something. Who would you give the benefit of the doubt to?"

"She's right," Sam nodded. "Man, you know what? Maybe the Sucro is poisoning the vamps on accident. Maybe they'll fix it."

"I think you got the oldest monster on earth thinking that he can hold his own because he always has."

"Edgar's gonna eat him alive."

"Yeah. Hey." 

Dean held up a needle attached to an empty blood bag.

"You think you could pick a lock with this?"

Sam walked over, taking the needle.

"But, Dean... We gave up all our Vamptonite."

"Did we?"

We watched as Dean leaned down, grabbing a syringe out of his boot. Once we were out of the room, we made our way downstairs. A vamp grabbed me from behind and Dean plunged the syringe into his neck. He screamed as his flesh burned before falling to the floor dead.

"Wow," Dean said.

"Vamptonite," Sam smirked.

"Friggin' Vamptonite," Dean smirked back. "Alright, we need knives. There's got to be a prep room or a kitchen somewhere. Come on."

When we got back into the dining room after getting our machetes back, Edgar was preparing to eat the alpha vamp. Dean advanced from behind, and Edgar's face returned to normal as he turned around. He grabbed Dean's arm, forcing him to drop his machete to the ground. When he grabbed onto Dean's lapels, I chopped off his head in one clean swing.

"Grab a glass. We're juicing this freak," Dean said, making his way toward the alpha.

"No!" Emily yelled.

"Stay back!" I told her.

The alpha vamp sent Dean flying across the table.

"Leave her alone," he said. "She's been through quite enough."

"Now, that's rich..." Sam scoffed, "coming from the guy who took her off the swing set."

"Do you want to do this fight? Or do you want my blood?"

We all stared in shock as he sat back in his chair at the head of the table and slit his wrist with one of his long nails, bleeding into a glass. After a moment, he held it out for Sam to take.

"For taking care of Edgar," he said. "Now go."

"What about the little boy?" I asked.

"Are you joking?"

"Do we look like we're joking?" Dean sided with me. "How many other kids you got in here, freak?"

"At the moment, just him. Emily... help Allen with his coat. He's leaving with the Winchesters and Eleanor. Now, take it."

Sam grabbed the glass and we made our way toward the door.

"What? No 'thank you'? Oh, right, right. Your flesh is crawling. All you want to do is kill me now. You hate having to wait and come back and try again."

"Pretty much," Dean confirmed. "I wouldn't leave that head too close to that body for long."

"See you next season," the alpha said.

"Looking forward to it."

When we got to our motel room after dropping Allen off at the police station, Bobby was gone. So we had no choice but to continue gathering the rest of the weapon without him. All we needed to do was find the bone of a righteous mortal and then Crowley could give us his blood.

"Alright," Sam said. "Exit's in three miles."

"I still say this is a bad idea," Dean grumbled behind the wheel.

"Dean, it was your idea, and it was the best one any of us had," I pointed out from the back seat.

"I said it as a joke."

"It was a bad joke- good idea."

"Yeah, only because we got no magic spell, no book- nothing on how to find a freakin' righteous bone."

"We can call Castiel again," Sam suggested.

"Dude, on my car," Dean scoffed, "he showed up naked... covered in bees."

"Yeah, I'm not really sorry I missed that," Sam said as I snickered.

I'd also missed the Cass-bee incident, thankfully. Dean rolled his eyes, turning up the radio.

"...The price of stock hit an all-time high following Roman's acquisition of Sucrocorp," a man was saying. "I say Roman's a buy."

"Got to disagree with you there," a woman responded. "I'm gonna call him a 'wait-and-watch.'"

"Come on, Lawshe. You're killing me."

"Hear me out. This is a new sector for Roman."

"That's right," the man amended. "He's holed up at Sucrocorp headquarters right now."

"So sit tight," the woman said. "This-"

Dean shut off the radio then.

"Holed up at Sucrocorp, huh?"

I swallowed as Sam and Dean exchanged a look. A couple miles and about forty-five minutes of searching through a nunnery crypt later, we had a bone from Sister Mary Constant who lived 83 years of quiet, humble nun-like goodness. So, we made our way back to Rufus' cabin to summon Crowley for the final ingredient.

Dean threw a lit match into a bowl, flames rising and then dying down. We looked around as nothing appeared to have happened.

"Is he trying to make a grand entrance, or...?" Dean trailed off.

"I don't know..." Sam shrugged.

"Son of a bitch. He's standing us up."

"Well, we summoned him," I pointed out. "Doesn't he kind of have to-"

"If Crowley wants to screw you, he'll screw you."

"Or... he can't come 'cause something went wrong."

"Maybe."

A knock sounded at the door and I took out my gun.

"Maybe it's good news," Dean suggested.

I checked through the hole in the door, then opened it to let in Meg.

"You deal with him. I can't anymore," she said.

"You might want to be more specific," I replied.

"I was laying low halfway across the world when emo boy pops up out of nowhere and zaps me right back here."

"Why?"

"Go ask him. He was your boyfriend first."

I rolled my eyes, sharing a look with Dean before heading out the door.