55| Henry Dies

"Hey. Wake up!" Sam hit Dean and I with a notepad.

"What? What?!" Dean asked groggily, as we both tried to get our bearings.

"Henry- he's gone."

We were both wide awake then.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Well, no idea. He just left a note saying he was going to fix everything."

"Yeah, or screw it all up," Dean grumbled. "Alright."

We got up, Dean heading out to investigate while I helped Sam look for any other clues we could find in the room. A few minutes later, Dean came back into the room.

"Well, now we know what he meant by 'fix everything,'" he said.

"What?"

"He broke into the trunk, stole an angel feather. I'm guessing he's gonna whip up another one of those blood spells and Marty McFly himself back to the 1950s."

"To do what?" I demanded. "Stop Abaddon before she strikes?"

"Or grab Dad and haul ass," Dean shrugged. "Look, point is he's doing it."

"How? He still needs two ingredients for the spell. Unless... unless there's some place nearby that sells real hoodoo."

It was a possibility. There were lots of places across the country like my dad's shop that had supplies for hunters.

"I'll call Garth," Dean said, pulling out his phone as Sam grabbed the laptop.

When he opened the police scanner application on the computer, there was a recent wire saying there was one dead at Astro Comics.

"Abaddon," I assumed.

"Yeah, has to be," Sam confirmed.

"Okay, so she's close," Dean said. "I'll go after Henry. You two find Larry. Figure out how to kill this chick."

I twisted my ring on my finger, staring blankly at the coffee table in front of me. Sam and I had gotten to Larry's house in Lebanon and were trying to get more information about the night Abaddon attacked, but I wasn't really paying attention. Instead, I was thinking about my kids again. All the reminders of my father and just different losses in general during this case had me spiraling again. Sam and Dean had been trying to keep us busy so I wouldn't dwell on it as much, but there was only ever so much that could be done.

"So, Henry is dead," Larry said, acknowledging the lie Sam told him. "I was so sure that- that he had survived."

"Yes, well, like I said-" Sam stated, "we found his journal and were hoping you could fill in the gaps and explain to us what happened that night in 1958."

"It doesn't matter. They're gone. We're gone."

"But Abaddon is not."

"Abaddon was a hired gun. She killed us all that one night."

"Everyone but you."

There was a pause as Larry grimaced.

"She blinded me," he replied. "It's a miracle I survived."

"It's okay, dear," the woman with Larry walked over and put her hand on his shoulder.

He leaned over, kissing her other hand.

"But she did not get what she came for."

"The box," Sam connected the dots. "Listen, Abaddon is here, and she wants this thing. So we need to know everything there is to know about it."