2

Target 150 votes 30 comments

Time went by, kids grew up. The 7 year old girls turned 10 and the 4 year old boy 7. Their mothers became good friends and their fathers knew each other already through some business and they became friends as well.

Things went by smoothly, Manik being stubborn boy joint in Navya's and  Nandini's school. Now everyone knew, how much Manik likes Nandini. Whenever Navya went to Nandini's place, Manik would tag along. All he does is stare at her.

Manik would sit with Nandini while going to and coming from school. As he couldn't take her name, he gave a nick name, and only he calls her that and no one else should. Possessive much..!!

Nandini and Navya are seated in class, trying to concentrate in the class but couldn't. "I wanna go home" Navya said while Nandini just chuckled.

"Excuse me sir.. " A man who works as a peon in the school. "Sir Nandini Murthy... " He called, all looked at her while she stood up. "Sir... Her brother has come to take her home" The peon continued.

Nandini was surprised and shocked. "But why only you? " Whined Navya. Nandini just gave glar and took her bag, and walked out. She saw her brother waiting outside the school, along with his friend Cabir.

"Hello bhai... Hello Cabir bhaiya" Nandini greeted both cheerfully but got a vague reply. "What are you both doing here" Nandini asked narrowing her eyes. "Agar mamma ko pata chala... Then she will scold us... If we are bunking" Nandini said.

"Oii chutki... We are 12th std... We won't bunk ok" Cabir said. All three sat in the cab, standing there. Nandini was blabbering about her school that day. "Pata hai... Mamma ne kaha that today, we will go to market... And she will get me strawberries" Nandini said remembering her morning conversation with her mother.

Abhimanyu shivered hearing Nandini's talk and a sob escaped. Cabir held his hand tightly trying to console him. Nandini was shocked to see her brother, crying. "Bhai... Kya hua. " Asked Nandini with shivering voice.

Abhimanyu wiped his eyes roughly, and cupped Nandini's face. "You are my strong girl right.. Mera strong bachcha hai ye Cabir" Abhi said hugging his sister and crying. Cabir just hugged Abhi, along with Nandini.

Upon reaching, they got down Cabir payed. Nandini looked at her house, and saw many people standing wearing white dress. "Bhai.. Kya hai ye sab? " Asked Nandini.

Before Abhi could reply, their father came out and hugged his daughter tightly. "Pappa kya hua... Bolo" Nandini said. "Nandu... Go in. You chachi will there" Raman Murthy said controlling his sobs.

"Papa call mamma...i dont wanna go in alone with so many people" Nandini said. "Abhi will take you in....Abhi go with her" Her father said. "Nai mujhe nai jaana... Where is mamma" Asked Nandini, more like yelling.

"Nandu calm down... Chalo" Abhi tried calming her down. They walked in along with Cabir.

When Nandini went in she saw a body, wrapped in a white sheet with covered face layed down. People sitting around. "Bhai kon hai wo" Nandini asked tears streaming down. "Au.. Aur m..mammaa ka..haa hai? " (Aur mamma kaha hai?)