14

Nandini dressed in her yellow kurti matching colour palazzo and white dupatta now hung on one shoulder, beautified with floral jewelry. She looked no less than, a princess with no makeup on.

Yet, the line said is true ' smile is a best jewelry' her smile is missing, dulling her beauty to minus percentage.

She didn't cry, she didn't show any emotions yet. None, could understand know what's going on within her.

One side her father is crying, the other side her brother is seething in anger, her other loved ones caring and consoling her father, some seated watching and enjoying the drama unfolding, another set pitting the bride and the family while the last set of group, are gossiping.

Gossips, something Manik and Cabir didn't think would happen.

Gossips, not about run away to be groom but about ditched to be bride.

Gossip is 'may be she isn't good enough'

Gossip is 'may be her father didn't give enough dowry'

Gossip is 'who will marry her again'

Gossips are endless.

Log baath karenge hein, logon ka kaam hai kehna

It was early morning, by 9 haldi ceremony for both the brides were scheduled. Haldi was planned to be conducted together, like both the couples and their relatives gathered in the malhotra house.

Murthy family arrived to the Malhotra mansion followed Cabir's family. Malhotra's, Murthy's and Dhawan's (cabir's family) waited for Mother and son, that is Aryaman and his mother to arrive.

Raman asked Abhimanyu to make phone calls to check upon their arrivals, but both the phones were unreachable. Abhimanyu planned on going and checking by himself and he returned with the news that, they emptied the house early that morning as per their neighbors.

Everyone grew tensed, and Cabir and Manik more tensed. They couldn't hold themselves and revealed everything, about Khurana's. The familes were shocked to the core. They couldn't believe, that their loved ones could do this.

Khurana's were at fault, they were to be blamed but who will make the f*cking society understand they blamed Nandini.

"Ab kya Raman sahab, shadi cancel kya? " Asked one of the dur k rishtedaar.

Why do they attend a wedding?
          ----->To enjoy such dramas.

Raman's eyes fell upon Nandini, his eyes welled up yet again seeing his emotionless daughter seated embraced in her friend's arm.

"Bhai sahab... Agar aap bura na mane tho mai kuch kahun? " Asked Shanno chachi. "Meri ek friend hai, uska beta ek ache post pe government job par hai... Tho kya...." Before she continue, Abhimanyu jumped up. "Chachi.... " He yelled. "Abhi This is not the way to speak to an elder. Shanno what were you saying? " Asked Raman.

Raman knew, if his daughter doesn't get married at the scheduled time and returns to her home unmarried. People will talk, people will judge her and it would get difficult for his daughter.

At this moment, he missed his wife Ishita the most. A father cab be anything to his daughter but a mother. Never.

Raman knew, Shanno is talking about some guy for Nandini's marriage. Raman trust Shanno and her family for Nandini's wellbeing and love.

"Dad nahi... We made a mistake once i will not let that repeat. I know you are thinking about society and shits" He said and glared at his dur k rishtedaar. "But dad... Whatever happens i will not let my sister marry any random guy. Chachi i am sorry, its not that i don't trust you, your choice will be best for Nandu, but we did trust Aryaman too for Nandu. " Abhimanyu continued repectfully, and apologized. Chachi smiled and blinked at Abhimanyu understandingly.