CHAPTER 8

The sound of the utensils clashing with the plates were the only thing that will be heard inside the dining room as the Min family are having their dinner quietly.

This is also the first time Minjoo is seeing Jiyeon's brother, Min Jungsoo. If Minjoo isn't mistaken, he is a politician who has a clean and impressive record. He was described as a good, even one of the 'best' politician in their era.

Minjoo had never seen him until now. Well, maybe that's because the man was rarely home as he leave early in the morning and and return late at night when she's already on her bed.

She glanced at the people sitting around the dining table. Just like what's written in the history books, the Min family, indeed has a good genes. And Minjoo could definitely tell that.

"Tomorrow, can I go for a walk around the city? " she asked, breaking the silence in the room while giving the couple hopeful gazes. "Don't worry, I'll take Chaeha with me. "

She added when Mrs Min gave her daughter a doubtful look.

"Of course, Jiyeon. If you want, you can also visit the factory. " It's mister Min who replied, making Jiyeon nodded vigorously. Though she immediately stopped when her eyes met her mother's disapproving stares.

It's probably because of the way she moved.

Minjoo had been scolded many times already by Jiyeon's mother because of the way she moved. It's pretty understandable though, because she isn't in the present time. In fact, she's in a Victorian era where women should move gracefully and politely. Not aggressively just like what she has been used to.

"I'm sorry. " Minjoo whispered, audible enough for them to hear.

The dinner went well. She tried her best to chew and drink silently as it's included in the dining rule.

"Are you comfortable with your nightwear, my lady? "

Chaeha asked Jiyeon as soon as they entered her room. The latter glanced at herself in the mirror that is placed in the corner of the room. She lifted her hand and swayed it midair before she jumped multiple times.

"My lady! " Chaeha yelled, panicking as she glanced at the open door with wide eyes then to her lady Jiyeon.

The lady laughed, satisfied with the reaction she got with her servant. "I am comfortable, don't worry. Though this is a bit different but it's alright. "

She answered, giving the servant a thumbs up.

The girl looked at her in confusion before mimicking the gesture causing Jiyeon to chuckle at her cuteness.

"Yeah, that means good. Or great. " she says, going to her bed. A satisfied sigh left her lips upon having a contact with the fluffy cotton.

"Have a good night, my lady. Please sleep well. " Chaeha spoke, bowing her head before closing the door, leaving Jiyeon alone in the room.

-

Minjoo was amazed.

Yeah, she's aware that the Min owned a factory, cotton factory to be exact. She's aware that their cotton Mill is one of the most profitable business in the country in their era but Minjoo didn't expect it to be this big.