CHAPTER 22

Jungwon stared at Jiyeon sitting across him. He could not believe what he is seeing in front of him.

Jiyeon on the other hand, is busy munching those bread the man had offered her earlier when she said she was starving.

Honestly speaking, she's not starving, neither hungry. Jungwon just happened to be persistent of her going back to her house which she clearly did not want to. Well, at least not at the moment.

So she told the man she's starving even though she wasn't which left the man to offer her food. A bread to be exact since that's the only food he has as of the moment.

Those bread was supposedly his breakfast for the next morning but since there was an unexpected visitor who claimed to be hungry, he let her have those.

"What are you doing here? "

Jiyeon looked up and meet Jungwon's eyes. She chewed the bread in her mouth then swallowed it.

"I came for you. "

Jungwon expected that. He expects her to answer with full honesty and straightforward, just like what she did. Because that is Jiyeon he is talking to.

He noticed that the girl is so honest and straightforward when answering his questions. So it did not surprise him when he heard her answer.

He sighed as it dawned him what's happening. He poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, shaking his head.

"Why? " he asked. "Don't you realise how dangerous it is for you to walk alone in the middle of the night, lady Min? "

"What if something happened to you along the way? What if someone saw you and followed you here, waiting for you outside and attack you? "

Jiyeon slowly put back the bread she was holding, her head hanging low as she listened to the other.

Jungwon is right though. What if something bad happened to her on her way here?

But... I just want to see him...

"I'm sorry. " she whispered. And since it is quiet as it seems like they are the only ones that is awake at the moment, Jungwon heard it loud and clear.

The latter's eyes softened. He cleared his throat, standing up from his seat to get something for the other.

He soon set a cup filled with water on the table, just beside the plate which still has bread in it.

"Kindly inform me if you're finished eating, lady Min. " he says. "I'll walk you home. "

Hearing this, Jiyeon immediately shook her head. "I don't want to. "

"But you have to. " the man replied, making the other pout and look at the man with her doe eyes, looking like a cute puppy asking for a food.

But the action did not budge the other. Instead, he raised his brow in a questioning manner.

Jiyeon heaved a sigh. "I came here because of you and you're just going to send me home? "

"I did not ask you to come here, did I? "

She huffed while rolling her eyes and that's the first time Jungwon have witnessed the other doing something like that. Moreover, he's not aware the other can be attitude too.