CHAPTER 44

If there is Jiyeon learned since the day her parents found them back in Gwanju, then it must be grabbing every opportunity you were given.

And that is what she's doing.

She grabs every opportunity everytime she has given one. She would not waste any single moment to just sit there and do nothing. She would not and did not waste her time giving herself to let out her emotions.

Because she knew she doesn't have one. She doesn't have enough time to sit there and cry, to worry for the man she loves the most.

That's why when she doesn't waste every opportunity that has given to her. That's why everytime her parents, her family busy with that bullshit wedding, she's doing her best, working secretly behind their back. And thank goodness Riki is there to lend her a hand.

Ready to teach her how to hold a gun, how to twist a knife if ever something happens to her, and to ride a horse for emergencies.

And now, Jiyeon is ready. She is ready to finally escape from her parents grasp. To take Jungwon away from her cruel family.

She's ready to run away with him. For the second time.

Jiyeon stared through her window. To the moon. Her mind was filled with nothing but the plan she will execute once the clock hits midnight.

She inhaled deeply, taking a fist of her sheets on the bed as she closed her eyes. The image of Jungwon, smiling instantly flashes through her mind. She smiled just as tears started forming in her eyes.

Just wait for a few hours, my love. I'm coming to take you away from there. I promise.

Wait for me.

A soft knock from her door interrupts her as she opened her eyes. The door opened and it revealed Chaeha.

"My lady. " her voice was light and shaking.

Jiyeon smiled, standing to her feet and meet the servant who she trusts the most in this household. Jiyeon embraced the crying servant.

"I'll pray to the highest for your safety, my lady. "

She taps Chaeha's back softly. "Thank you. " she whispered then looked at her. "Please take care of yourself, alright? "

"Can't I just come with you, my lady? So I could take care of you. "

Jiyeon slowly shook her head. What she will do is dangerous and she doesn't want Chaeha's life to be at risk. She knows her family, they are ruthless especially to people that is in the lower class.

"I'd love that but I would love it more if you will stay here and live a normal life. Quit serving the Min and live your life to the fullest, Chaeha. "

The servant nodded, accepting it. She wipes her face cutely which made Jiyeon smile.

Chaeha faced her. "My lady, it's already midnight. "

Jiyeon nodded her head and smiled. She took the bag she will take with her then faced her servant once again.

"Thank you for everything, Chaeha. I'll miss you the most. " she lightly patted the servant's shoulder blade before she finally took her leave silently.

The horse she will use for her journey to the farmhouse was waiting at the place Riki told her. It was a bit far from the Min residence but it is alright, she actually doesn't care.

Jiyeon glanced at the Min residence, her gaze dropping on that certain spot where she met Jungwon for the first time since she arrived in this era at that certain day. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes for a brief moment before she turned her back against the mansion and continued walking towards her destination, where the horse is waiting for her.