CHAPTER 12

"I told you to leave the place, why didn't you listen?! "

Was the first thing Jungwon said, voice filled with frustration as soon as they stopped running after making sure that those men are no longer after them.

Jiyeon blinked, eyes falling on the coat that fell on the ground when they man let go of her hand. She felt small under his intimidating gaze.

"Do you even know who they are? "

She bit her lips, feeling so small and guilty. She shook her head, gaze still fixed on the coat on the ground.

"I'm sorry. " she whispered, audible enough for Jungwon.

The latter stared at her, now feeling bad for suddenly raising his voice when she, in fact, is the victim here.

He sighed, picking his coat as he felt guilty for raising his voice.

"What were you doing there anyway? " He questioned while shaking off the dirt on his coat then handed it to the other who's still staring on the ground. "Here."

The latter finally lifted her gaze and look at the fabric, confused.

"Cover your hand with this. " he stated when he noticed her confused face.

"Why? "

Now, that surprises Jungwon as he looked at the girl with surprised expression. "Come again? "

"Why do I need to cover my hand? It's so uncomfortable, you know? I'm not used to it. "

Unbelievable look from the man was thrown to Jiyeon as soon as she let out those words. Jungwon can't believe it. He could not believe it.

Is the girl pretending to be ignorant or is she really that stupid? But of course since she's part of the upper class family, Jungwon just assumed that the girl is just pretending. Because there is no way a lady is not informed with these type of things.

"With all due respect, lady Min. Just cover your hand and go home. "

Instead of obliging to what the man said, Jiyeon pouted and kicked her legs while shaking her head like a child.

"I don't want this, it's making my palms sweat so much and I don't want to go home yet. " she replied with a childish tone, giving the coat back to the man.

Now, Jungwon might consider she's not pretending and she's just not knowledgeable enough. In other words, stupid.

He sighed, massaging his temple as he walked back and forth. He stopped then looked at her.

"So you're more comfortable displaying your ungloved hands? "

The girl nodded, not finding anything wrong with it. Though a part of her is disagreeing to it.

"You are aware that ungloved hands were associated with nudity, aren't you? "

Hearing this, Jiyeon's eyes widened as she immediately snatched the coat from his hand and immediately used it to cover her hands.

"I-i'm aware. " she stuttered, internally smacking herself for not listening to the little voice that was telling her it is important to cover her hands.