( hug in the rain ) - 5

"y/n you like me?" He asked again. His voice wasn't yelling anymore.

I look at him. He reaches his hand out to grab mine but I move away. I open the door and walk out of his house, starting to run.

"Fuck" Louis said under his breath, before running after me.

*

I didn't know where I would run to, where I was going, but I wanted to run as far away as I could. I didn't even bring my stuff with me, I just didn't want to see Louis anymore. I could hear Louis right behind me, but I was pretty fast. The clouds were grey and I heard rumbling from the sky. I flinched at the thunder but I kept running. Of course it had to rain. School was cancelled today because of it. I kept running despite the thunder.

- Louis' Pov -

Y/n kept running even though it was starting to drizzle. I feel so bad for making her cry. I do admit, she was right about what she said. I should stop hanging out with Damian because he hurts people, and I'm not like that. I continue running after her, while thinking about what she said. 'before I fall in love with you even more' kept repeating in my head. Does y/n like me? I would've never thought she would like me. I mean- alot of girls do because of my looks but I didn't know I was y/n's type. Well, there was one positive thing out of the fight. Y/n's attracted to me. The gave me hope for us, not that I like her. I think.

- Y/n's Pov -

The rain was falling and Louis was still behind me. What does this boy not understand? I wanted to get away from him.

The rain falls harder and the thunder gets louder. I've always hated loud noises. I'm starting to get tired of running so I slow down a bit, then speed up as I hear Louis closer behind me. I start crying at everything. Me and Louis' fight, the thunder, how tired I was. I cried and cried, not slowing down. All I want is a hug, someone to trust. I want someone to love me the way my real dad did. I wiped my eyes although it didn't make a difference, the rain falling down my face. I was cold, so cold. I just wanted everything to end.

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, and I flinched. I stopped running. The pair of arms were strong, they weren't letting go of me. I looked up to see Louis, looking down at me. I tried to get out of his grip but he was too strong. I cried some more. He could tell I was shivering. I didn't even care at this point. I was tired of everything. I turned around and faced Louis. I hugged him back. My hands around his waist, his hands on my back and head. We hugged each other in the rain, as I sobbed into his sweater.

"It's okay y/n, let it out. I'm so sorry I yelled at you." Louis reassured me.

We hug for longer, appreciating each other's warmth.

*

I sat down at Louis' table, drinking hot chocolate. I was in fresh dry clothes. I was wearing a black carhartt hoodie. I borrowed them from Louis of course. Earlier today he was wearing the same thing, I guess he just had two pairs of the same carhartt hoodie. Louis was in his room, getting changed from the rain.

A million thoughts were going through my head. The fight, how Louis hugged me, how he ran after me in the rain. I was selfish and wrong to think he didn't care. I was just mad because I was refusing to accept the fact that I like him, and I shouldn't have. I do know for sure now that I don't. I barely know him.

Louis came into the living room, with his own cup of hot cocoa. He was wearing a white shirt and grey sweatpants. He sat in the chair next to me. We looked at each other, knowing we were both thinking about what had happened. All of a sudden he started laughing.

"Whats so funny?"

He didn't answer me, instead pointing to my mouth. I look down and see that I had hot cocoa on top of my lips, giving me a mustache. I looked at Louis, gave him a look of annoyance.

"Are you really laughing at this?" I said annoyed. Gosh he is so immature.

I go to wipe it off with my hand but Louis grabbed my hand last second. I looked at him in confusion. He put his hand on the side of my face, pulling me closer to him. Suddenly butterflies appeared again.

- Louis' Pov -

"Are you really laughing at this?" Y/n gave me an annoyed look.

I laughed, then feeling hot inside. I decide to make a bold move on y/n. I don't know why, but I wanted to. As she goes to wipe off her hot cocoa mustache, I gently grabbed her hand, stopping her. She looked confused, but I continued. I put my hand on her cheek. My heart was beating. I pulled her closer to me. Her breathing became unsteady. I look at her, then at her lips. They look so soft. I hover my thumb over her mouth.. and wipe the hot chocolate off of her lip. I pull back and we look at each other. I didn't know what I was going for, but I'm glad I did it. I could see that y/n was blushing, but I was too. Why was I feeling this way? I only wanted to tease her, and now I feel all weird. We continued to drink our hot cocoa, without saying a word.

- Y/n's Pov -

I turned away from Louis to drink. What. Just. Happened. Why was I feeling this way? There was an awkward silence. The tension built up between us, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Uh I'm just gonna get my phone" that took way too much energy.

Louis nodded.

As I walked into his room I breathe a sigh of relief. I went to reach for my phone.

Shit where'd I put it? I searched Louis' bed. Not there. I searched the floor, not there. I sigh and bend down to my knees. I checked under Louis' bed. Aha! There it was. I was about to grab it until I heard someone behind me.

"Damn" Louis whispered under his breath.

I looked behind me to see Louis.

"Oh uh I was just gonna- uhm g-get my phone too. Yeah my phone."

I nodded and gave him a weird look.

Holy shit.