( relief and grief ) - 20

I lay out all the money that was in the envelope. My mom and I, shocked. I counted the money.

Me and my mom looked at each other. It was enough to pay for the house bills this month. Louis just gave us this money as if it were nothing.

"Sweetie.." my mom tears up

"We have to give it back, it's too much money" she says

I nod, but I notice a piece of paper still in the envelope. I take it out and open the paper. My eyes tear up and I give the paper to my mom. She starts reading and tears fall down her face.

"I guess he really wants us to keep the money" I laugh

"I guess so" my mom agrees

We look at each other and smile. We hug and laugh, taking a moment to appreciate Louis' care towards us. I feel a weight lift off my chest, and I smile for the rest of the night.

*

As I'm getting ready for the day, I text Louis. I thanked him for the money but he still hasn't responded. I nervously bite my lip as I fix my hair.

I'm supposed to be going out with Ella today. I'm really nervous because the last time I made plans with a friend, she ended up ditching me. Hopefully Ella isn't like that, and we become friends.

She has a good energy to her, you feel positive when she's around. I pick my nails as I walk to the bakery. I look around and see Ella sitting at a table, smiling at me as I enter the door.

Oh boy, here goes nothing.

"Y/n!!"

"Hi Ella" I smile

Maybe I can tell her about my anxiety. But what if she makes fun of me?

We sit down after we order our food.

"So, how are you?" She asks

My leg bounces and I pick my nails.

"I'm g-good, thanks for asking. H-how are you?"

She pauses as she looks at me, obviously uncomfortable. I flinch as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Girl relax. I can tell you're worried and anxious but I'm telling you right now, let those feelings go."

I nod

"Okay, sorry. It's just, I have anxiety problems when it comes to people, so I tend to-"

"It's okay y/n. Just letting you know that you can be comfortable with me" she smiles

I smile back, and take a deep breath

After we finished eating and drinking our coffees we decide to go to the park.

Ella is really nice, and she makes me feel welcome. She doesn't mind my anxiety at all, she even helps me with it.

I'm constantly laughing with her and her jokes. I swear, she has the best sense of humor. We walk on to rocks as we enter a playground.

We look at each other and smile, as we run up to the swings.

"Soo, what's your favorite color?" I ask her