( progress?? ) - 11

Just got deja vu from that night where I picked y/n up from the first day of school. I smile to myself.

"Not saying that you need help or anything, but I would be more than happy to buy you a drink" I offer

Y/n shakes her head. Does this girl not let anyone do anything for her?

"Okay then." A tension builds up between us. But not an awkward tension, a tension where we're both comfortable. Kind of missed this.

As y/n slowly eats her donut, I drink my coffee. Y/n finished her donut in 3 bites, considering how small it was. Surely that wasn't her dinner, right? She refuses to let me buy her anything, so I worry for her. I can try to give her my croissant in a discrete way. I haven't eaten it yet, and I am a bit full.

"Hey y/n, you can have my croissant. I'm too full, I won't be able to finish it"

Her face lights up, but she hides it.

"You sure?" She asks

I nod, and she grabs the croissant. She wraps it in tissue paper, maybe saving it for later.

"I should get going now" she says.

I still haven't gotten my answer about Damian yet, but it is getting late.

We leave the store together, and we start walking home. After a few minutes of us silently walking side by side, our hands accidentally brush up against each other. I feel a wave of heat come over me. My face blushes, and so does y/n's. We both hide it. Or, try to.

I don't know why she's making me feel this way. I don't know if she's feeling this way too. We didn't say a word the entire time until we reach her house.

"Alright.." I say, stopping infront of her home. She looks down, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Bye I guess. See you at school" she says, turning to go through her front door.

- Y/n's Pov -

I walk in, sighing a sigh of relief. My mind replays the moment where our hands brushed up against each other. I push it away and set the croissant on the table, saving it for my mom. I get ready for bed and try to sleep, but the moment keeps replaying.

Every other scene where Louis and I blush at each other fill my mind. Every thought is Louis, Louis, Louis. I shouldn't be feeling this. I try to sleep but my mind corrupts me. His perfect laugh, his perfect face, his perfect smile, his perfect everything. Shit.

Am I falling for Louis Partridge?

*

The school bell rings, first period again. The dirty looks and the gossip about me in the halls seemed to be dying down, until today. As I sit in my chair waiting for my teacher, I check instagram. Omg. Another photo of Louis and I, from yesterday. It was us walking together from the cafe. Is someone stalking us? The gossip about me always rises and falls everyday. I hate it so much. I scan the photo, I see our hands were touching. Of course it had to be that specific moment. It even showed our faces, how much we were blushing. Great.

"Another one?"

I flinch as I turn to the left of me. It was Louis, peering over my shoulder and looking at the Instagram post.

"Sorry. Should've told you I was looking. Kinda forgot how you flinch at everything" he reassures me

Suddenly I realized how close our faces were. Louis was leaning over from his desk, peering over my shoulder. When I turned to look at him it only left a few inches between our faces. I look at him, my breath getting shaky. Louis looks into my eyes, and down to my lips. We both feel a magnet, pulling us closer and closer to each other. Louis subtlety bites his bottom lip. We inch closer.

"NO WAY" I hear one of my classmates yell.

Louis and I break from our trance, blushing extremely hard. We look at our classmate, the one who yelled. I turn all around me. Everyone was looking at us. Some people even had their phones out. Great. But I noticed, no one was giving me a dirty look, or even a glare. They looked, excited? Why would they be excited that Louis and I were close to kissi- I mean, our faces. Why would they be so excited about our faces being close together?

A loud chatter came amongst the class. I saw Matthew, one of Damian's friends who has a past of recording me, was making an Instagram post. Oh no no no, Damian will see it. I was already worried about the recent post, now there's this one too.

Matthew chuckled with his stupid braces. Suddenly everyone's phone dinged. They looked at the notification. My phone didn't ding, but Louis' did with the rest of the class. I checked over at his phone to see the post out, already with 23 likes. That's literally my entire class. The caption of the post was:

"Making progress, I see"

I look up at Matthew.

"Making progress? What the hell is that supposed to mean" I ask him.

Luckily, my throat didn't close up while talking to him. I've been gaining progress with my social skills every since I met Loui- went to this school. I've been making progress since I've came to this school.

I look over at Louis. A thought comes over me. Why would his phone ding when Matthew posted? It was an entire account literally dedicated to me and Louis. Then, it clicked. Louis followed this account. This account that shipped us.

I was so confused. Everyone's chatter and giggling suddenly stopped as the teacher walked in. Everyone was at the back of the class, surrounding Louis and I. Ms Jackson had a stern look, and everyone scurried to their desks. She began the lesson, but I couldn't focus. The entire class, I was lost, deep into my thought.