o2 , striptease

𖤝
______

striptease
______

the act of stripping for the sole purpose of pleasuring an audience was never something i chose to do because i liked it. i had to learn to like it if i wanted to get out of the situation i never chose to put myself into in the first place; rather, it was placed onto me as if i would know how to get out on my own.

the lady with the faint wrinkles that showed the ware on her skin took me under her wing as a private dancer for an underground business. iridescent flames lit the bodies of the girls that moved like snakes to the sound of music made by the whistles, claps, and cat-calls of the audience. the girls touched themselves as if they were making love to the noises they were being rewarded with.

one by one, pieces of clothing fell to the floor only to be regarded as scraps that were of no use anymore. their hands would cover the parts of a woman that would otherwise seem distasteful for only a moment to then be uncovered as they continued swinging their hips and moving their arms so sensually across their small frames.

they smiled but their eyes didn't, and in that moment, i knew they weren't doing it because they wanted to; they were merely putting on a show.